Bday today my doberman dies too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart gave out. We took him out to pee and after making it outside he coalpsed on the patio and rolled over and died. Trying to type sober has taken its toll. If you own a Dobie... Love them oft and forever. Bye Magnum

Happy birthday, and sorry for your most unfortunate loss, and the terrible timing, as if the timing could ever really be good.
frown.gif

Sorry for your loss Marco. I've lost several in my lifetime. Sometimes it feels like losing a cherished relative.

Hope you heal soon and the easiest, fastest way is when you welcome the next dog into your home.

Happy Birthday, sorry you lost your best friend. The bond that you can have with a dog leaves a very big hole in your heart when they pass.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Sorry for your loss Marco. I've lost several in my lifetime. Sometimes it feels like losing a cherished relative.

Hope you heal soon and the easiest, fastest way is when you welcome the next dog into your home.

+1

Perhaps visit the shelter and get another dog for your birthday!

Happy birthday brother,and so sorry about your beloved loss! You should make your birthday a way to celebrate his life.

Sorry for your loss. You can hang on to the fact you gave him a nice long healthy life for as long as you could. But that doesn't erase the pain. I can't imagine how bad I'm going to feel when I lose my little guy. That is always the problem with dogs. They steal your heart, and then don't live long enough to keep it.

Sorry to hear. My dog got hit by a car on my birthday a few years ago. His gift to me was expensive. A few years earlier my sisters dog had to be put down on her birthday.

My condolences for your loss. We have lost two to DCM so far and one to cancer. Currently have one 10 y/o male that so far has been given a clean bill of health on his heart and one who 13y/o female who had her rear leg removed for osteosarcoma and just completed 4 chemo treatments. She was also diagnosed with a slight heart afib and started meds for that, but the doctors thought it could be related to the cancer and a few have said that since the surgery the afib looks to be gone and was theorized to do so. She goes back in September for another cardio checkup and they gave her a medal and scarf for competition of chemo and being currently in remission of cancer following scans and bloood work. She is doing great at the moment. We do at least annual cardio work ups on ours including ecg and ekg. Won’t stop the disease since it’s genetic, but it gets us in front of it to help maximize quality of life. Unfortunately, as with yours it can still take you by surprise.

Thoughts with you guys today. These guys a better than most people and are sorely missed.

Sorry to hear of your loss Marco and happy birthday. My wife and I also lost one of our four beloved dogs last week. She was a mixed breed who was a rescue dog and she was with us for 15 years. They are part of the family as others may have said earlier.

On a side note - went back and looked at the picture you posted and I have that EXACT mouse pad that sits on you coffee table. It was my son's gaming mouse pad and he stepped up to an EVEN bigger one so I took that one to my work place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back