Valvoline Advanced Synthetic (SynPower) 12K OCI - Ford 2.5L

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will do a UOA for the Castrol Edge Extended Performance that's in there right now and then for the heck of it I'll try Royal Purple and do a UOA on that as well but after that I'll probably go back to Valvoline for cost savings... I'm impressed!

Link to UOA: https://i.imgur.com/c0mgecE.png

c0mgecE.png

Last edited:
Very nice. I like the additive system in the regular Valvoline Synthetic. I don't recall a time since I've been a BITOG member where the additive systems are so similar, mostly due to the mg/ca.

Hard to beat those results. It will be interesting to see how Castrol does.

Fyi, this vehicle is a rental on Turo per the OP.

Great results! Healthy engine with quality oil and no obvious issues.

How much oil does this engine hold? I'm also running Valvoline synthetic (though the HM version).

Wow, nice job with valvoline here. And 5w30 in place of the recommended 5w20 too I take it? Hmmm ,this might be a future option with my fords.

These 2.5 duratec engines are true workhorses, and there's a reason I've heard them referred to many times as "bulletproof". I'm not surprised your numbers look so good, especially with the amount of Moly, Titanium, and Boron on that oil.

The Duratech 2.0, 2.3, and 2.5 are very reliable engines. I have put some 450K on my last three with 0-20 and all performed, and still do, very well. Of course yours's is hardly broken in.

Originally Posted By: Shellguy
Wow, nice job with valvoline here. And 5w30 in place of the recommended 5w20 too I take it? Hmmm ,this might be a future option with my fords.

Yep, I run 5w-30 in both of my Fords that spec 5w-20.

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
Nice report
thumbsup2.gif

Can't wait to see your next UOA.

You probably won't have to wait very long, this car does a lot of miles every month!

Last edited:
Wow! Great showing for both the 2.5L and Valvoline. I remember the not to distant past when Valvoline Synthetics were not considered long drain lubes - so much for that, in your case at least.

thumbsup2.gif

I use regular Valvoline White Bottle conventional 5w30 in the 05 Matrix for 5-6k. Along with a Valvoline oil filter. Oil level doesn't move unlike with some other oils. Third oci in a row with this combo. No complaints.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I use regular Valvoline White Bottle conventional 5w30 in the 05 Matrix for 5-6k. Along with a Valvoline oil filter. Oil level doesn't move unlike with some other oils. Third oci in a row with this combo. No complaints.

Where do you buy your Valvoline oil filters?

Wow DM, nice report !
Just under 12k miles and only 10 ppm iron wear. That's less than the mythical 1 ppm Fe per 1000 miles.

Plus your viscosity (KV100 = 10.7 cSt) is still in grade, and your TBN (2.0) is still OK.

Nice new Valvoline add pack with about ~30 ppm Titanium and ~60 ppm Moly. With the standard Ca & Mg LSPI friendly detergent package.

Lots of good reasons to just stick with the Valvoline synthetic and keep going. It will be interesting to see what the Edge and RP return for comparison.

Thanks for posting.

Plus the vehicle saw speeds of 90 mph on the hwy (per the OP from another thread) by the renters. Didn't seem to affect the report at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back