Toyota Fuel System Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have good information on what's in the Toyota Fuel System cleaner that is recommended to be dumped into the tank with every 10,000 mile service for Direct Injection engines?

In for details.

35.gif

Link for product and claims that it’s for DI?

IIRC, Toyota uses a port injector in their DI in order to be able to get some level of solvent on the backs of the valves.

So the product may be nothing special, rebadged lowest bidder product.

In my 2018 Highlander with the 3.5 Litre V6 D4-S GDI/PFI engine, the manual says to add a bottle of fuel system cleaner to the gas tank at the 10,000 mile (16,000km) service. This is the Oil Change interval as well BTW.

Upon asking the dealer they said this is to aid in keeping the engine deposit free as depending on driving pattern the PFI combination with the GDI might not do enough to keep it entirely deposit free. Also to guard against lower qualities of gasoline when Top-Tier isn't available and non top-tier is used occasionally/frequently.

I just want to know what's in it, if it's just a healthy dose of PEA and nothing more is all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
In my 2018 Highlander with the 3.5 Litre V6 D4-S GDI/PFI engine, the manual says to add a bottle of fuel system cleaner to the gas tank at the 10,000 mile (16,000km) service. This is the Oil Change interval as well BTW.
Upon asking the dealer they said this is to aid in keeping the engine deposit free as depending on driving pattern the PFI combination with the GDI might not do enough to keep it entirely deposit free. Also to guard against lower qualities of gasoline when Top-Tier isn't available and non top-tier is used occasionally/frequently.
I just want to know what's in it, if it's just a healthy dose of PEA and nothing more is all.

On my MB they recommended anything with "Techtron" in it. I've also heard very good thing on Liqui-Moly additives.

Last edited:
So far I have been using Amsoil P.I. but thought about Gumout One-N-Done as well. I can get the Amsoil cheaper with my P.C. Membership though. So I wanted to compare to Toyota stuff to see what I really needed.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Welcome back StevieC...I'd assume it's a PEA product...

+1, good to see you back!

I might have to get some from Toyota and send it to Terry for analysis if I can't find any info on it just to satisfy my curiosity.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I might have to get some from Toyota and send it to Terry for analysis if I can't find any info on it just to satisfy my curiosity.

Wow there's a name I haven't seen in a while.

Mine or Terry? Lots of BITOG folks are members of his private group and customers of his. Those interested in properly calibrated UOA's using proper measuring equipment and true scientific analysis anyway. I'll leave it at that.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back