Bridgestone Dueler - Great tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would add here for those considering tires.

I have a set of these Bridgestone Dueler's on my new Highlander and they are excellent in all the conditions I have put them through to date. They are quiet even at high speeds, great in regards to vibration and great on non-traditional unpaved roads etc.

I will wait until the first snow fall to see how they fair in the winter before getting snow tires.

https://www.bridgestonetire.ca/tire-brand/dueler

tire-dueler-hl-alenza-plus.jpg

Last edited:
I don't recall these tires being very good on our Forester. I also don't think there are many people who would praise this tire, especially for its cost!

It was pretty terrible in the wet and even worse in the snow. These are the tires it had (though admittedly half-worn or maybe less) when I got stuck in my parking lot. My Civic with Conti winters was parked right next to it and plowed right through the same snow, without two people pushing...

When we had all four tires replaced after an accident that destroyed on wheel/tire, the high price of the Geolander paid off. We pretty much had our pick of the litter, since it was higher than just about every highly-rated tire.

They are horrible in snow.

They are smooth riding and quiet.

They have decent dry traction

But they are genuinely horrible in snow.

If you like your new car, do what I did and get rid of these. Soon. Like before October.

Before you say “you live in Virginia, Astro” - I bought my Tundra at Groove Toyota in Littleton, Colorado and kept it in Highlands Ranch for a couple of years. I got rid of the Fuelers before the truck had 8,000 miles on it. I couldn’t do another winter sliding all over. The Nokian WR G3 on it now are simply great in the snow. Last winter in Vermont, I didn’t even use 4WD during a snowstorm. Didn’t need it with those Nokians.

The tread doesn't bode well for snow traction. Being a 4WD you may get away with a lot more than a 2wd.

I only very recently found out that bridgestone ws founded in Japan, I was quite surprised!

Originally Posted By: Pelican
The tread doesn't bode well for snow traction. Being a 4WD you may get away with a lot more than a 2wd.

I only very recently found out that bridgestone ws founded in Japan, I was quite surprised!

4WD helps on hills.

But it doesn't help you stop when you have lousy tires.

Most winter accidents are the result of a failure to stop, not a failure to go.

Thanks for the post. I need a new set 3 season truck tires for next year. Also picking up new winter tires for my mountainous terrain and I’m considering the Bridgestone Blizzak LT for my 2008 3/4 ton Burb.

Last edited:
The Blizzak LT are an outstanding choice for snow. Had a set of them (they were called Winter Duelers back then, but same idea/intent) on a Ford Expedition while living in Northern Vermont. Great tires.

Have the Dueler's on my Pilot. No problem with them, but of course I don't have to worry about snow.

Dueller H/T were factory on my last Nissan and current Colorado.

I loathed them...took them off the Colorado at 9,000 miles, and can't give them away (I've tried).

There are lots of different Duelers...
I bought H/L Alenzas for my RAV4 some time ago and they were pretty good, even used them for one winter but still ended up buying snows after that.

My FXT came with H/L 400s and they were truly awful in winter, almost slid completely off a slight curve on a road I knew very well (right outside our ski condo) in 2" of snow. Never had an issue there before or since, definitely was not icy as I walked over and checked it out because I was so shocked. It was a late spring storm so I was OK until the next season when I would have snows, the H/L 400s were tolerable as summer tires but I was pretty glad when they wore out early so I could replace them.

Saying Dueler is just like saying Eagle, it's a big family.

Wow, interesting to see how many folks are dissatisfied with these tires. They are performing extremely well for me. I haven't tried them in the Winter because the vehicle is new but I intended to run them until the cold weather and maybe the first snow fall. We get plenty of snow up here to warrant Snow Tires which I would always get especially because my employer buys them.
smile.gif

I used to be all about Michelin but then tried various Bridgestone and some Generals and that has changed. I also like Nokian winter tires when I'm not paying.
lol.gif

5 years, ~50,00mi on my 02 Silverado and they have treated me well. Here's a end of life pic before getting new tires.

2VPrjbv.jpg

Purchased at Costco on April 2013, brought it back every 5,000mi for tire rotation and I regularly checked pressures (35psi) and alignment.

I would buy them again. I did not this time because Costco does not install bigger tires and my local chain I went to this time doesn't carry these tires.

Last edited:
The Bridgestone Dueler Alenza that came as OE on my Tundra were nice tires.

But not in the snow...

The OP lives in Canada.

Last edited:
I'm not going to run them in the winter. Just going to try them when it gets cold and possibly the first snow fall before putting on snow tires which I always purchase. Well that was the plan. After reading folks comments here I won't bother risk it and just put on Nokian's
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back