Toyota Cartridge adapter to Spin-On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of an adapter that allows you to take a Toyota from a cartridge type filter to a spin-on type filter?

Why would you want to do this? The Toyota cartridge filters are very easy to replace.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Why would you want to do this? The Toyota cartridge filters are very easy to replace.

Because I want a remote setup. It's not about the ease of replacement in this case.

Maybe so you could pay 50 to 60% less for your filter.

The base is so large and integrated onto the block on these, it would be a heck of an undertaking to make some sort of adapter.

I assumed that maybe something aftermarket someone has come up with for the purposes of an oil cooler or something that's why I thought I would ask.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Maybe so you could pay 50 to 60% less for your filter.

The OE filters are under $4/ea if you buy them in 10 packs.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

Because I want a remote setup. It's not about the ease of replacement in this case.

The cartridge on these are pretty easy to access. If you are trying to plumb an oil cooler, there are other ways to do so.

Oil isn’t an issue on these cars. They have very large dumps.

I didn't say I wanted an oil cooler, only that someone that did want a cooler might have used such an adapter because they use this cartridge system on many models so I thought an adapter might be available because of the racing world wanting to change it to a spin-on style or add aftermarket accessories.
wink.gif

I'm not specifying why I want the remote setup because I don't need the commentary usually found here.
Just asked a simple question and looking for if anyone knew of such an adapter.
wink.gif

Last edited:

Upside down cartridges like Toyota and vw use are stupid, IMO. They destroy the intrinsic benefits of a cartridge.

But changing to a remote setup adds multiple levels of concern.

Not worth it and don’t see a benefit given the risk.

Can you elaborate on risks? I see none as long as the flow is adequate and the correct filter replacement is used.

Yeah got T-Boned with the Journey by an idiot driver. Almost didn't make it the accident was so bad. Luckily all caught on my Dash Cam which was good because the driver lied and tried to blame me when the cops showed up and I was passed out.

They actually confiscated my dashcam (front & back) and the memory card at the scene of the accident because they saw I had one while I was on the way to the hospital to get checked out.

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Yeah got T-Boned with the Journey by an idiot driver. Almost didn't make it the accident was so bad. Luckily all caught on my Dash Cam which was good because the driver lied and tried to blame me when the cops showed up and I was passed out.

They actually confiscated my dashcam (front & back) and the memory card at the scene of the accident because they saw I had one while I was on the way to the hospital to get checked out.

Post some pictures of that new ride.

I didn't say I wanted an oil cooler, only that someone that did want a cooler might have used such an adapter because they use this cartridge system on many models so I thought an adapter might be available because of the racing world wanting to change it to a spin-on style or add aftermarket accessories.
wink.gif

I'm not specifying why I want the remote setup because I don't need the commentary usually found here.
Just asked a simple question and looking for if anyone knew of such an adapter.
wink.gif

Heh, you already got the commentary. For the life of me I cannot understand why members can't simply answer a question and have to nitpick an op's question to death.

Glad you got your answer that looks interesting....and I think I know might why you're contemplating the change...

whistle.gif
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back