Ever wish you could record your night dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a dream once to write a paper for a high-school English class.
Probably worst mistake I made.
It was the first paper of the year.
As the year went on I was sleep-deprived so never had such a vivid and writable dream again.
Thus, it looked like the teacher wasn't teaching me anything, or I wasn't learning anything.
I had set the bar high, then never cleared it again.

Some dreams scare the living [c]rap out of me, so why would I want to record them?
I'm usually trying my best to forget one, so I don't continue it where I left off when I fall asleep again.

Garak Trav: Thanks, went hiking and took the bandit for a spin.
Just noticed my post # finally exceeded my member#

Smoky

Mine are pretty good but the genre I get the most is the "quicksand" one... something important to do, but being thwarted over and over again by dumb stuff. Just can't reach my destination.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Mine are pretty good but the genre I get the most is the "quicksand" one... something important to do, but being thwarted over and over again by dumb stuff. Just can't reach my destination.

Haha..my "dilemma" dreams usually involve flying, stray wind gusts, and 330KV 3 phase power lines.

My most recent lucid dream had me understanding the wind gusts, and navigating the power lines...was very helpful.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Ever wish you could record your nightly dreams?

Sometimes I have one crazy dream after another crazy dream...

I suspect that we all have crazy dreams on a regular basis and we simply don't remember them.
I have had some really vivid dreams over the years that I do remember, but most are pretty run of the mill screen plays involving not being able to get something important done, being stuck someplace naked or with no transportation, unlikely scenarios involving the opposite sex or doing something very improbable.
I do sometimes awaken and think either too bad that was only a dream or good thing that's all it was.

Anyone here aver have very realistic dreams about lost loved ones that you dearly miss? My neighbor tells me when this happens,that's them coming to visit us. That would be an amazing thing!!

Absolutely NO. Last night I had a dream that I was employed by Walmart and woman boss was going to fire me because I couldn't find anything to do. How about that for a nightmare?

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Sometimes! My cousin passed away recently and dreaming keeps him alive.

My father died years ago, but I remember him well. I occasionally dream about him and it does "keep him alive". In my dreams of him, his soul, his essence and sense of humor are intact, and I have nearly always have good dreams. I treasure those dreams.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Anyone here aver have very realistic dreams about lost loved ones that you dearly miss? My neighbor tells me when this happens,that's them coming to visit us. That would be an amazing thing!!

That 'IS' an amazing thing!!!

If the departed ones keep appearing - over the course of decade (for instance), look more closely at them next time. Many times the aged friends and relatives very slowly become younger and younger.... even their skin will slowly appear tighter & younger.

Eventually they transform into the prime of their mature adult life....... 33 years-old. There are not old people there. On the opposite spectrum, any miscarried or aborted siblings you will find there also...... someday.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

If the departed ones keep appearing - over the course of decade (for instance), look more closely at them next time. Many times the aged friends and relatives very slowly become younger and younger.... even their skin will slowly appear tighter & younger.

Eventually they transform into the prime of their mature adult life....... 33 years-old. There are not old people there. On the opposite spectrum, any miscarried or aborted siblings you will find there also...... someday.

You're absolutely right!! When I dream about my parents and grandparents they do keep getting younger,healthier,and more youthful in their appearance. It's so happy and beautiful!!

I have very strange, very vivid dreams post-lovemaking. No idea what causes that. Higher levels of certain chemicals in the brain or something? Whatever the cause may be, they are usually pretty active and busy and can be stressful.

Beyond that, I usually have vivid dreams that involve water. Not being on the water in a boat or anything, but flooded towns, swamps I can't escape from, mudslides, etc. The most visually interesting one recently was a water park in the woods that was flooded. Everything was concrete and tile and plastic, and everything was under about 4' of clean pool water, all surrounded by dense green trees. I would have loved to play that one back. lol

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Well, I do sometimes dream of my late father and he is young and healthy in those dreams.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Here's a good one: Left my hotel room to go get something from the parking lot. Took my key card but had no number on it. Came back in, was on 3rd floor going by the room numbers. Found where my room should have been (corner of hallway) but the light was on inside (spilling around door frame). Was racking my brain about if the hotel was on the side of a hill and I came in on the "upside" side when the alarm went off.

Magnesium supplements will give you very vivid dreams. If you have a lot of negative stress they could give you frightening dreams.

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
Magnesium supplements will give you very vivid dreams. If you have a lot of negative stress they could give you frightening dreams.

Throw in some melatonin...

Originally Posted By: JamesBond

Be very careful with Magnesium. It is one mineral that you never want to overload on. If you haven't read-up on it's effects, now's a good time to start.

My dreams can be so detailed and vivid that I often mistake them for real life and talk to people about events that didn't actually happen in real life.

My closest friend passed away very unexpectedly in 2015, left me with a very empty feeling inside. We talked every day, and went to car shows and concerts and whatever we could find time to do together. When I have dreams that he is in, I often know in my dream that its not real. But its so realistic, and hurts when I wake up.

Originally Posted By: rat
My closest friend passed away very unexpectedly in 2015, left me with a very empty feeling inside. We talked every day, and went to car shows and concerts and whatever we could find time to do together. When I have dreams that he is in, I often know in my dream that its not real. But its so realistic, and hurts when I wake up.

Overnight dreamland is manifestation outside of your control. An unconscious connection to your mind. What you are experiencing is daydreaming. It's a liminal state between waking (with the ability to think rationally and logically) and sleeping. It's essentially found in shorter-term sleep episodes.... in & out subconscious drifts, so-to-speak. In the late 60s-early 70s of my early manhood years, another term to describe it was "spaced out".

Just don't apply that term literally, for it-not imply longer inner-self travestations in typical overnight dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back