Pictures in folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a number of folders, each of which has a group of pictures. I can open a folder and see a nondescript icon and when I high light each icon, the picture will open. I would like to have all the pictures in each of the folders to remain open as a small picture. To date I have not figured out how to accomplish this. Suggestions would be appreciated. Ed Hayes

Are you using Windows?

If so, once you open a folder, click View on the top bar and then choose Large icons or Extra Large icons.

Follow the below instructions:

1. Depress "Windows" key
2. Type "File Explorer Options"
3. Select "File Explorer Options" from the list to open the File Explorer Options window
4. Select "View" tab at the top of the File Explorer Options window
5. Ensure the following is unchecked:
a. "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
6. Follow Quattro Pete's instructions for viewing specific size thumbnails

While we're on the subject of computer pictures. Does anyone know how to get rid of those stupid green check marks that cover up over half of the thumbnail photo when you open, "My Pictures"?

Originally Posted By: billt460
While we're on the subject of computer pictures. Does anyone know how to get rid of those stupid green check marks that cover up over half of the thumbnail photo when you open, "My Pictures"?

Follow the below instructions:

1. Depress "Windows" key
2. Type "File Explorer Options"
3. Select "File Explorer Options" from the list to open the File Explorer Options window
4. Select "View" tab at the top of the File Explorer Options window
5. Ensure the following is unchecked:
a. "Use check boxes to select items"
6. Select "Apply"
7. Select "OK"

If anyone else is curious about which options are available, follow steps 1 through 4 above and read each option. Change one at a time to change and continue at step 6. If the option works for you, leave it. If it doesn't (un) check, and follow steps 6 and 7 above, as necessary, until you're satisfied.

You're welcome, Eddie. I consider myself mildly tech savvy (just under moderately so) and hate that I have to sometimes spend hours figuring things out. Luckily, Windows 10 makes searching for features and controls VERY easy; however, the complicated things are just as tedious and time-consuming as ever (e.g., OS error requiring hours of searching and many elevated command prompt entries.)

As soon as I start typing "File Explorer Options" the little magnifying glass to search disappears, and an "X" takes it's place not allowing me to do anything, or go anywhere. All I get is, "no items match your search".

I still can't get rid of them. I opened, "appearance and personalization". Then opened, "folder options". From there I went to, "View" and unchecked, "display file icon on thumbnails". I then clicked on, "Apply". I then restarted the computer, and they're still there. What a PITA.

Windows can for sure be frustrating. Makes life more interesting than owning a Mac, though, Amahright?

Trolling.gif

This is ridiculous. NASA could launch the Shuttle easier.

Just wait until you have to go to Windows 10. At least there is nearly unlimited info about problems in Win7 and beyond.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Just wait until you have to go to Windows 10. At least there is nearly unlimited info about problems in Win7 and beyond.

I have zero desire to "upgrade" to Windows 10. And I'll run this computer until it will no longer operate. If it were up to me I would still be using Windows XP. I'm going to have to buy a new laptop soon. And I'm already regretting being stuck with having no choice but to live with Windows 10 if I do buy one.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I have zero desire to "upgrade" to Windows 10. And I'll run this computer until it will no longer operate. If it were up to me I would still be using Windows XP. I'm going to have to buy a new laptop soon. And I'm already regretting being stuck with having no choice but to live with Windows 10 if I do buy one.

You DO have a choice - Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back