Napa platinum no good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I think about all this...

You both are very, very smart guys.

You both bring up very good points in my book.

If I run a higher efficiency filter... It makes me happy.

If I run a 50% @ 30 micron filter I feel ok about that too.

You guys both add a lot of great information and help on here. And that guys... Is a very great deal.

Thanks bbhero ... it's not a bad thing to agree to disagree, and it's always good to have civil discussions with different viewpoints. Part of the reason I think a lot of guys belong to this chat board. Trev is a good guy ... no hard feelings just because we don't agree on some things.

All I’ve got to say is that the last time I cut open a wix xp, the media was nearly impossible to tear. I tried as hard as I possibly could, but I could not tear the media. It’s strength is similar to the media in a CAT high efficiency hydraulic filter. And it is also wire backed. So if you want a filter that will never physically fail, use an XP. Also, the XP and the Purolator Boss have almost the same efficiency. You’ll never notice any difference if you don’t use an Ultra.

Originally Posted By: ZraHamilton
Also, the XP and the Purolator Boss have almost the same efficiency.

Yeah, 99% at 40u would be around 50% at 20u depending on the shape of the efficiency curve.

Thread has run its course. Focus on the technical aspects is about gone when circular arguments that end up in disagreement emerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back