BOBISTHEOILGUY FILTER TESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob had a bench setup. Mine is on the vehicle. I can't manipulate flow like he could ..but I can read differentail just as well. The only reason that I went digital is that electrical does not have the resolution and index for reading fine (1-5 psi) differences.

Otherwise, yes, my setup reads above and below the filter just like Bob's did.

Maybe explain the three gauges to us numbskulls
smile.gif

The top right is before the filter (remote mount) the one on the left is post filter. The gauge down low is oil temp. The high pressure sender is spanned wrong ..and Cyberdyne is sending me a replacement. It only reads (around) correctly at about 50 lbs. Otherwise I'm @ 80 ..or @ LO (it ranges very quickly in either direction).

Before I found the tech line number, I asked the vendor how much a new sender/sensor would cost. When I related that Cyberdyne was sending me a new one (they were out of stock currently
confused.gif
), he offered to send me one free as long as I sent him the one that Cyberdyne sends me. Nice guy (it hasn't shown up yet - but..)

So ..I'll give him a plug for his good will here.

[email protected]

Don South at Speed Solutions

Yes, you're correct ..but that's the "bad sender" ..in my diagnostics, I switched the wires to test if it was the gauges or the sender. Now they're reversed. I'll probably reverse them back when I get it fixed.

Originally Posted By: BOBISTHEOILGUY

Remember, the better the filtration, the lower the flow? At least that was my theory, so to somewhat establish this, here is what I did.

Well, only when a positive displacement oil pump hit its pressure relief setting. If the pump is not in pressure relief, then all the oil leaving the pump is forced through the engine and filter.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: BOBISTHEOILGUY

Remember, the better the filtration, the lower the flow? At least that was my theory, so to somewhat establish this, here is what I did.

Well, only when a positive displacement oil pump hit its pressure relief setting. If the pump is not in pressure relief, then all the oil leaving the pump is forced through the engine and filter.

ZeeOSix, why are you trying to converse with people who haven't been on the board for six years? Now, if you start chatting it up with some of the dearly departed members who have posted in this thread over the years, I'm afraid I'm going to have to have you committed.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back