Keto Diet with Intermittent Fasting

Anyone try the Keto Diet? Results?
How about combined with Intermittent fasting? Results?

On it myself and it's working so far but I keep having stalls, and then weight loss resumes without changing anything in terms of activity or diet. Your experiences?

Currently on 22 hour with a 2 hour eating window but I have tried various other combinations to see if the fasting time was too long.
Definitely largely in Keto according to blood test strips.

Last edited:
I have been playing with that as well. Tried going as low as 1,000 and as high as 2,000 over the course of a week at a time I would make the change. If I step over about 1700 the stall will happen for sure. Over 2,000 and weight gain happens. Below 1700 and I seem to maintain, loose, then maintain, then loose with stall periods.

I should also mention I'm doing Macro tracking with 80% fat, 15% Protein and 5% carbs. I have played with these. Also keeping to strict non-processed all from scratch. No artificial sweeteners either. It's what is making the troubleshooting so hard. Blood sugar is at the low end of the normal range as well.

I have tried fasted and non-fasted doesn't seem to change it. Mainly cardio type stuff. Weight lifting is hard for me depending on how it's done because of the problems I have with my back.

Originally Posted By: thescreensavers
Whats your TDEE? Eating too little slows the metabolism so stalls happen. Thats why some people do re feeds on keto.

Does the above explain? Not sure what TDEE is.

The ketogenic diet is great if done correctly. Your body needs a very low level of sugar intake so that it can maintain a state of ketosis, where your body will be required to make glucose from fatty acids. I have heard that too much protein can actually cause the stalling. Veggies are a prime staple in this diet. However, keep with it. It takes a lot of dedication and will power.

Last edited:
Dorian, thanks... Been on it 9 months now. Was amazing at first with 68lbs dropped so far but then this stalling started and it's a bit discouraging. I like that I no longer crave sweet things or get crazy hungry and overeat. I feel content most of the time which is completely different from other diets where I always felt deprived and hungry.

Last edited:
No problem! 68 lbs is incredible. Congrats on the Highlander by the way! You can tell by my sig that I am slightly biased!

Ha! Thanks... Love it, the 8 speed could be a little better shifting though. I find it a bit jerky at times especially at low speeds but most people are complaining about it as well so I know it's not just mine doing it. The RX-350 has the same transmission and those folks are also complaining.

Hopefully Toyota comes out with a software update to improve shifting. On the highway it's buttery smooth most of the time and the 3.5 Litre is a beautiful engine with GDI/PFI.

There will likely always be "stalls" with any 'diet' as your body gets used to the most recent drop and acclimates to it. At that point another change has to be made to trigger another round of weight loss. Some of it can me be mental as well. Changing the routine up and down tends to keep the body off-guard so it doesn't acclimate as easily. That be from eating more or less calories during any day of the week.

For me continued weight loss to an ideal weight consists of:

Keeping the metabolism rev'd up...which usually means more means/snacks and more "good" calories rather than less. If you're eating only good healthful foods you will have trouble getting all your 1800-2200 calories a day (average). You'll be full. Eat junk and you're body never feels satiated....and craves more junk.

Eliminate poor foods one by one from your diet and add nutrient packed ones with fiber, vitamins/minerals, lower glycemic, antioxidant rich,
etc.

Vombine your proteins/carbs/fats for optimum absorption and minimal fat deposition. You'd be surprised how improper mixing can kill fat loss plans. It's not just about total caloric intake, but includes how those foods combine with each other. Meat with salads/veggies good. Meat with hi carbs not near as good.

Eat more good fats and less higher calorie carbs. Omega 3 and 9 fats....less of the Omega 6's. Ensure your foods are giving a good mix of vitamins and minerals....if not supplement. Vitamin D3 is deficient in most diets in most Americans from around October through March...due to less than optimal sun exposure for UVb rays. That's one you have to supplement some how as it plays important roles in immunity, bone production, etc.

Exercise...at least walking...every day....some aerobics 2X to 4X a week if you can handle that. Stay active and move.

Sleep....very hard to lose weight without a good 6-8 hrs that covers the 10 pm - 2 am prime "body recuperation" window

Water intake...64 to 96 oz a day.

Do all this properly and there is no such thing as a "diet." Just a lifestyle change that will always work.

Thanks 69GTX, got all that covered... I just call it a diet but it's more of a sustainable eating plan.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dave123
I second the thoughts on protein and also look into refeed.

Thanks... Will do.

JTK, for now... If the trolls start up again, I will disappear. No time for that nonsense with those folks.

Back