2018 Accord 2.0t-Oil suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you going to use in the Tiguan? 504/507 or 508? Those are all pretty stout oils in the 0/5W-30 range. I run Castrol Edge 0w-20 in my Honda Civic right now and seems to be fine.

I know my Accord is way different than yours,but I went from the US spec 0W20 to 5W30 and never looked back. I wonder if 0W20 is the world spec for your car? Mine specs anything from 0W20-5W40 for the rest of the world outside the US.

Use the synthetic 5w30 of your choice and fill up with premium
smile.gif

This month, Napa has Valvoline Synthetic on sale for $5.49/qt. So my recommendation would be the MST 5w30 (it's a dexos2 oil like PP Euro L). Pick up a Platinum filter while you're there.

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
The Tiguan is gone. Thank god.

Why, if I may ask. Note, I own both a Honda and VW.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
The Tiguan is gone. Thank god.

Why, if I may ask. Note, I own both a Honda and VW.

I was a vw guy for a long time. The Tiguan was the only vw I didn't like. Underpowered, three recalls in three months, and just not well sorted. Loved the styling, the rest of the car wasn't good. At all

I think I would read the owners manual and use what they recommend or something close to it.
If it recommends 0w20, you could easily go to 0w30 and use something like Mobil 1
Since it is a turbo engine, I would stick with synthetic oil

Does anyone think 0w20 is a bad idea in this, a turbo engine? Plenty of good 5w30 options, just really torn on 0w20 versus 0/5w30.

Does anyone think 0w20 is a bad idea in this, a turbo engine? Plenty of good 5w30 options, just really torn on 0w20 versus 0/5w30.

In ll honesty you'll be perfectly fine with a good synth 0W20,I think some of us are just paranoid :p

You should have no concerns using the 0w20 recommended by Honda. I'm sure the thousands of other people buying a similar Accord couldn't care less. And guess what, they'll likely never have an oil related issue.

Go with 0W20. Monitor the fuel dilution. I picked up Mobil 0W20 EP for our 1.5 T. So far the oil slightly rose on the dip stick. Almost 5K on the factory fill.

Is magnatec still highly regarded here? Wondering if it’s a good choice in 0w20 or not, since in many places it’s close in price to PP or M1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back