2009 Scion xB/ 5K/ Pentosin Super Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, vehicle is 2009 Scion xB with the now famous 2AZ-FE engine, so far does not consume a drop of oil on 5000 mile OCIs...knock on wood... At the time of this sample car was at 115000 miles.

Here is the oil used in this sample, old style bottle (2013ish) Pentosin Super Performance III:

Does anything from this sample make you raise an eyebrow? Any feedback welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Did you run an additive or something during the last two OCIs? That lead number is wild, especially for reading 0 ppm just 3 OCIs ago.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
Did you run an additive or something during the last two OCIs? That lead number is wild, especially for reading 0 ppm just 3 OCIs ago.

Yes at 90k miles I had "Restore 4 cylinder formula" in the crankcase. Got it for free so used it during the oil change instead of opening a new quart of oil to get between hash marks on the dipstick.

Also just compiled this on my phone:

Originally Posted By: Vladiator
Originally Posted By: JustN89

Yes at 90k miles I had "Restore 4 cylinder formula" in the crankcase. Got it for free so used it during the oil change instead of opening a new quart of oil to get between hash marks on the dipstick.

Also just compiled this on my phone:

Gotcha, makes sense now.

Originally Posted By: Gubkin
http://www.pqiadata.org/PentoSuperSAE5W30.html
this is not Pentosin Pento SUPER Performance III 5W-30 (SN, C3, 504/507, 229.51)
I gotta say, this concerns me a little. The oil came from a sealed Pentosin SPIII jug as pictured that I got in 2014 AutoZone Christmas sale. It's been sitting on shelf and I broke the cap seal on it myself a few minutes prior to pouring it in the engine. My only guesses are: either residual engine oil mixed with Pentosin, or Jug was filled with something else from the factory... Possibly counterfeit?

The sample says Pento High Performance (A3/B4). Which is different than Super Perfomance. I’m guessing this OP used High Performance.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
The sample says Pento High Performance (A3/B4). Which is different than Super Perfomance. I’m guessing this OP used High Performance.
I used the Super Performance. Lab must've messed up and wrote High Performance. But the oil in the engine is from a brand new Pentosin Super Performance jug.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Is the lead from the additive or wear?
I did not add anything. Not sure if it is the oil additive or the wear. Will do a UOA after current run to see how it trends.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looks like you put the 5000 miles on in 3 months, guessing a fair amount of highway driving? Seems like you could go farther if you wanted to.

I thought maybe a taxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back