OCOD: Other Cans of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there worse oil filters that we should be talking about in stead of FRAM? I've never actually known anyone to have problems with our orange friend.

Any filter that has a hole in the media is automatically worse than any other filter without a hole.

Having said that, do we really need another Fram thread?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Any filter that has a hole in the media is automatically worse than any other filter without a hole.

thumbsup2.gif

No joke. This is actually an other than FRAM thread.

Last edited:

''High Flow" filters you mean.
36.gif

Any filter that has a hole in the media is automatically worse than any other filter without a hole. ...
Any spin-on filter that has a leak in the seam or can is automatically worse than a filter that only has a hole in the media.

Last edited:
Tear-O-Later ... reducing delta-p for the last 4 years.

If you look at BITOG history, Puros were the bomb diggity and Frams were junk early this decade and perhaps slightly before that. So maybe Puros will have a resurgence and Fram will offshore the Ultra to the dismay of this board in the future.

This recent thread was most interesting.

I just had a Napa Pro Select with a hole, but it was on at least 7k. I never would have done that.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
How many Fram employees do we have around here?
lol.gif

Some people here think that anyone who says anything positive about a Fram is a "Fram employee".
laugh.gif

It's actually called the Orange Can Of Death. Doom is not alarmist enough.

The reputation is based on perceived quality not actual performance.

The hate Purolator gets is more justified because the filter is actually tearing during use. Unless people are damaging it during the CP?

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
It's actually called the Orange Can Of Death. Doom is not alarmist enough.

The reputation is based on perceived quality not actual performance.

The hate Purolator gets is more justified because the filter is actually tearing during use. Unless people are damaging it during the CP?

My Toyota Corolla takes a very small filter to date I have yet to find one Tearalator. I have used them regularity for the last 6 plus years. I buy what's on sale and is 99% rated at 20 microns. But frankly I'm looking for a 99% filter at 10 Microns then the rest will be carp!

I exclusively used Purolator oil filters for years (even during the "tearing" crisis.) I used Classics to 3k and Pureones to 5k and never opened one that was torn. There was a while were I posted proof every time I would change the oil on one of my vehicles. I must have been exempt from "all" of those torn filters.

Now I use the Fram because its cheap, has decent performance and most importantly....available at the walmart where I buy my oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jk_636
I exclusively used Purolator oil filters for years (even during the "tearing" crisis.) I used Classics to 3k and Pureones to 5k and never opened one that was torn. There was a while were I posted proof every time I would change the oil on one of my vehicles. I must have been exempt from "all" of those torn filters.
No; just lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back