Wix 57356XP opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people think about this filter,and has anyone used it? I was bored and drove over to O'Reilly to browse around a bit. They're made in the USA by Mann Hummel. They have the spiral metal core with many large holes instead of louvers like the regular Mann Hummel Wix 57356.

I have used them, as well as the Napa Platinum version. No issues that I can tell.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
They have the spiral metal core with many large holes instead of louvers like the regular Mann Hummel Wix 57356.

Hmmm... The regular Wix 57356 I purchased recently still had holes, not louvers...
21.gif

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the XP/Platinum, but the media cartridge inside the 7356 can is tiny due to the bypass design Wix uses (applies to both the XP and regular 57356)

The Fram 7317 counterparts have more media inside them than the equivalent Wix 57356

Originally Posted By: GimmeTorq
I have used them, as well as the Napa Platinum version. No issues that I can tell.

They have the spiral metal core with many large holes instead of louvers like the regular Mann Hummel Wix 57356.

Hmmm... The regular Wix 57356 I purchased recently still had holes, not louvers...
21.gif

How long ago did you buy your regular 57356? Mine is fairly recent,maybe two months old. A black USA made Mann Hummel Wix with louvers,purchased from O'Reilly.

21.gif

How long ago did you buy your regular 57356? Mine is fairly recent,maybe two months old. A black USA made Mann Hummel Wix with louvers,purchased from O'Reilly.

Two weeks ago at Blain's Farm and Fleet with their 10% off sale... Maybe old stock?

21.gif

Mine did, too, but it also said Affinia, so that might say something about its age. It was a NAPA Gold 7356.

Originally Posted By: Garak
21.gif

Mine did, too, but it also said Affinia, so that might say something about its age. It was a NAPA Gold 7356.

Actually, I just checked and my 57356 do say Affinia as well, not Mann+Hummel... Time for me to start looking for a new filter. I just returned the two Napa Gold 7002 I bought for our new Mazda CX-5, because they had louvers and did not look right.
frown.gif

The louvers on the Mann Hummel Wix 57365 (the current filter on my Accord) actually look great and really precision. The 57365XP has the spiral metal center tube with round holes,a Mann Hummel as well.

Actually, I just checked and my 57356 do say Affinia as well, not Mann+Hummel... Time for me to start looking for a new filter. I just returned the two Napa Gold 7002 I bought for our new Mazda CX-5, because they had louvers and did not look right.
frown.gif

I haven't thrown out the baby with the bathwater yet. I came across a bad louver 51358, and posted pics here some time ago. I just returned it for a different example and carried on. I'll just be checking more carefully, is all. When I went back to the parts store to do the return, my buddy at the counter and I went through all the louvered 51358 examples, and only mine was bad. They can use louvers all they want, as long as they don't look like a disaster. I'm not averse to Baldwin or Hastings either, but their louvers are cut differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back