Napa Pro Select 27356 torn media 7k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a 2004 Honda Civic for $500. Pretty decent little car, manual trans, sunroof... went to change the oil and manual transmission fluid and cut the filter open as usual. Put Delo 400 XLE 10w-30 I got for $4 a gallon at Walmart, a Fram PH7317 and Car Quest Full Synthetic 75w-90 in the trans. All of this I had on the shelf already except the filter, if I were planning on keeping the car it would have gotten a K&N or Napa Gold filter. But I don’t like Hondas so I’m selling it!

So the Napa Pro Select that was on it had right at 7k miles according to the oil change sticker in the window. Hole in the media and the ADBV leaked right out. Not pliable, and stayed bent when you bent it with your fingers. Had more of a plastic feeling, I know it’s nitrile but was very hard. Enjoy the pics.

That blows. First I ever saw a made in China NAPA filter.

Glad you put better filter on
smile.gif

Thank You for C&p
smile.gif

That's the filter my mechanic used to put on my car before I started changing my on oil. That's a lot better than the OCOD Walmart used.

Originally Posted By: CT8
That is the Pro select high flow model.

Haha yup
crackmeup2.gif

Good choice on that Fram PH7317. I have cut a few of them open. Posted pictures here on this forum of one that went 9,702 miles, and it was still in good shape. Car was a 2008 Honda Civic. Pictures are no more because the hosting site tried to rob me.

The two Hondas we have had said 10w-30 engine oil for the manual transmissions. Maybe yours is newer and they changed it.

Originally Posted By: 5AcresAndAFool
On a side note, how did you find that car for 500 Dollars? Around here a running driving car in poor shape tends to be 1000 to 1500 dollars?

Im Jealous...

I buy cars cheap all the time. Usually they need one big repair or lots of small ones. People get sick of dumping money in a car, buy a new one and they unload the old one cheap. Also have a 2005 Ford Freestyle that I paid $350 for, blown transmission. The CVT Transmission is hard to find for this car, especially for a good price. Most are $1000 to $2000. I waited until the right deal came up. $650 for the trans, but I had to wait about 9 months to find one for that price.

Approximately where are you in Indiana? I’m in Martinsville.

Last edited:
Before I got my Soul, it was serviced at a local NAPA garage, and had those filters and QS GB 5W-20 every 3k.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Before I got my Soul, it was serviced at a local NAPA garage, and had those filters and QS GB 5W-20 every 3k.

I doubt there would have been a problem using these every 3k. Not the filter I would have picked... most of my ammo consists of K&N Gold, Napa Gold, and Ford Racing Filters. Though I do have a bunch of Kia 504’s, clearance Supertechs ($.75 each), and some other stuff in the filter stash since I service a few friends’ cars. I thought about putting a Supertech 6607 or Kia 504 on this Civic, but couldn’t get myself to put the wrong filter on it. (Though they would have worked). Kia 504’s are built like a racing filter. Thick can and high flowing inefficient media...

Originally Posted By: Marco620
You got a GL5 in the tranny? Wrong. Honda MTF or Redline MTL,Pennzoil Synchromesh.

Shifts like glass with 75w-90 syn. Try it once...

Originally Posted By: 69Torino
Originally Posted By: Marco620
You got a GL5 in the tranny? Wrong. Honda MTF or Redline MTL,Pennzoil Synchromesh.

Shifts like glass with 75w-90 syn. Try it once...

I did once and only once because it shifted like junk. I can't fathom how it shifts like glass for you, these transmissions need an MTF from any of the major brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back