flush withg coolant line help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am following this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLVZSoKbyZ0 I drained and dropped pan and replaced with 4.5 qts. Also, pan drained for about a week before I dropped pan while I was waiting on parts, some fluid was still in bottom of pan when I dropped it How long does it take before fluid should start flowing out line from transmission cooler? I had helper start truck for about 5-10 seconds (did this twice and shut off truck as I got worried)) and only a trickle came out and stopped before I shut truck off?. I am worried pump has run dry, or hopefully I am just not giving it long enough o circulate.

Last edited:
I think I figured it out, I forgot I needed to lock the pin that locks the thermostat in the open position to get fluid to flow thru the transmission cooler lines, will go try this, hopefully I didn't do any damage except for mixing old and new fluid up a little?

As long as you filled the pan back up, your pump is completely fine. It primes automatically if there's fluid in the pan. The thermostat bypasses the cooler with only a few % flow through the cooler, and the rest goes right to the valve body. All you did was mix the fluid and force some more old fluid out of the passages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back