Any problems with Lexus 2.0 turbo engine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only that you can get an Infiniti QX50 VC (Variable Compression) 2.0L turbo engine that is better on power and fuel economy.
That VC is incredible.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Only that you can get an Infiniti QX50 VC (Variable Compression) 2.0L turbo engine that is better on power and fuel economy.
That VC is incredible.

You think that Nissan junk is gonna make it to 300k trouble-free miles like the Lexus? Lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dogememe
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
That VC is incredible.

You think that Nissan junk is gonna make it to 300k trouble-free miles like the Lexus? Lol

Do you know if the buyer cares to make it to 300k miles?

Originally Posted By: dogememe
Yes it will. Besides, anybody buying in the luxury car segment (Infiniti, Lexus, BMW) usually doesn't keep it more than 5 years anyway. That crowd has money and wants cool new stuff very soon. On the used market, later on, sure you can debate it, but for a new 2018 or 2019 model, you can't argue with the superior performance and innovation of the Infiniti. They have raised the bar and the rest of the industry is trying to catch up. Infiniti wins this round easily. More power AND MPG at the same time. Nice.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Do you know if the buyer cares to make it to 300k miles?
Right, lIke I said above, most of the new buyers in that segment are on to the next shiny thing in 5 years or less anyway. Actually Infiniti makes great engines anyway, so no problem there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dan55
I have 52,000 miles on that motor with out any problems ,and get avg 29 miles to the gallon. Mobil did a test with that motor and no wear after 120k with 20k OCI . Toyota spent nine years to develop that motor. https://mobiloil.com/en/article/why-the-...-tested-results
Not "no wear", only that the engine survived.
Also, the pistons were blackened more than that New Orleans redfish I had last week....
vd9P5vr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back