What ratio do you use when adding oil to vehicle fuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
I am thinking ounces per gallon of fuel.

What kind of oil are you talking about, and for what purpose? A UCL?

When I want oil in my fuel, I use MMO, and follow the instructions on the bottle which is 4 oz per 10 gal. Some people use tcw3 and mix it at 2 oz per 10 gal.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I use precisely 0.0 ounces of oil for each gallon of fuel. It’s easy to remember and even easier to apply.

I like to be more accurate and international … so 0.00 ml is what I use …

That’s not to say a bottle of Gumout or Techron will not go in the last tank before oil change …

My 2-stroke motorcycle has a mixing pump which varies the mix depending on RPM ( 133cc Yamaha RZR). Likewise the local 50cc 2-stroke scooters.

Premix I've run 1:25 which is high and smoky but better than a seized engine, which can kill you.

As UCL the ratios are much lower, maybe 1:250 or so, but I've never done that.

Haven't used fluid ounces since the '50's.

Well, the outboard mechanics find that some hose can not hold up to the corn juice.
There is a large Yamaha dealer here that swaps factory hose out to Evinrude hose …
(assume they don’t have the same supplier) …

We have an old forklift with a flathead 4 cylinder engine. It's valves tend to stick open and it then runs miserably on 2 or 3 cylinders.

We've tried MMO, upper cylinder lube from WalMart and other cleaner without results. What works is synthetic 2 stroke oil, such as Castrol TT-S. We mix it at 32 to 1 and the valve sticking problem goes away during that tank of fuel and stays away for many more tanks without the additive (maybe a year)

Clearly, a synthetic 2 stroke oil is not bothered by the exhaust valve heat and lubricates them enough to function.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I use precisely 0.0 ounces of oil for each gallon of fuel. It’s easy to remember and even easier to apply.

lol.gif
^^^^^ This sounds like another one of his useless questions and has no intention of doing it himself.

I've tried the tcw3 one ounce to five gallons gas.
A couple of tank fulls.
Can't say I've seen any difference in performance either way.

I don't add any to my cars/truck. I do use 1 oz of tcw3( in 5 gallons) in the ope fuel with sta-bil. I only use this mix in the last tank of fuel before winter storage.

Last edited:
Up in Canada, two cycle oil is in liters and gas is in liters. My boat uses 50:1. Fifty liters of gas and 1 liter of oil. For small equipment I use a syringe marked in CC. One liter of gas and 20 CC of oil for 50 to one. I guess some of use are taking about two cycles and some are talking about two cycle oil in the gas of four cycle engines which is asinine in my opinion. .
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back