Wisdom Teeth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oww
mad.gif

Not so bad once they came out, the healing seems almost better then the suffering when they were in

I'm amazed at all the extra space for brushing activities back there now

I do not regret my decision for anesthesia, I don't remember a thing

And don't waste time getting 1 or 2 done at a time, go out, pull all 4, recover

As nice as the place and staff was, I really don't want to go back again

Most painful part in the end was the bill… but I don't mind paying for quality work done right, especially with teeth

That's the way to do it.
When I had mine done, my dentist only wanted to do two.
I told him four or none.
No regrets.

I'm 50 and still have all 4...it's all too easy to trigger the gag reflex, particularly if I'm anxious that morning.

I had mine surgically removed because most were growing in sideways. Nobody instructed me afterwards that I was supposed to stick the irrigation tip INTO the hole to flush out the stuff each day, so I got infected twice and had to go back to the oral surgeon for followup surgery.

But having them out is a relief!

Older than that and they are the youngest thing I have (that I want in/on my body) and therefore the best 4 devices I have … LoL …

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I had mine surgically removed because most were growing in sideways. Nobody instructed me afterwards that I was supposed to stick the irrigation tip INTO the hole to flush out the stuff each day, so I got infected twice and had to go back to the oral surgeon for followup surgery.

But having them out is a relief!

LOL your Oral Surgeon needs to meet with your Attorney.

Last edited:
Right … without that lawyer I’d have been flushing my nostrils every post surgery day …

Well, seriously … I can probably spray weed killer responsibly and without lawyers …

My son had all four out at once. He was a little groggy for an hour but fine after that. I have one that's at a 30° angle. Almost sideways. Oral surgeon said it's too risky of a surgery for someone of my age. I was 48 at the time. Leave it be until it causes problems or pain. I had one taken out when I was a kid.

Had all four yanked out by the good dentist up at Elmendorf AFB over 40 years ago. No anesthesia and a bottle of APCs to help with the pain. (Aspirin-Phenacitin-Caffeine)

Flew in on a MAC C130 from CG Kodiak on the early bird flight and was back on board ship by supper. Not one moment of rest.

I had mine out when I was in my early 20s. All I remember was waking up and my dad almost carrying me out to the car to drive me home haha. I was put to sleep when I had all four of mine cut out. Mine gave me [censored] when they tried to start coming in.

Once I got home I was fine. My grandmother brought me over a Dairy Queen hamburger,fries,and a chocolate malt. I had no adverse side effects post removal at all. No pain or anything. Life went on as usual
laugh.gif

Early 20 for me too. All four and I think the bottom ones were impacted. I woke back up when the doc was breaking one to get it out. Didn't feel any pain (was put under) but hearing the crunch and jolt isn't a good memory. One of the stitches broke and some food got in the hole. I had to go back ask and why everything tasted so bad. He cleaned out the hole, squirted some goop into it and gave me some antibiotics.

I had my uppers pulled when I was 14 or so by a regular dentist. Was easy.

Then 2-1/2 years ago when I was 21 I had my lowers pulled by an oral surgeon, they hadn't come through and were impacted. Piece of cake.

Still have mine. Had 4 molars pulled for orthodontist and teeth straightening at 14 years old. After my teeth were straightened our regular dentist told me to come have them pulled when they come in. That was an appointment I never made- they came in straight and didn’t really crowd the other teeth together so I’ve still got them. One even has a filling!

My "wizzies" came in (erupted) with textbook ease. Popped up (and down) all straight and true.

Turns out many wisdom teeth fill the jaw so completely, you can't clean the backs of them. 'Twas true in my case.

All 4 out on the advice of my dentist. The sides told the story; 3 white sides and one a horrid yellow.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Still have mine. Had 4 molars pulled for orthodontist and teeth straightening at 14 years old. After my teeth were straightened our regular dentist told me to come have them pulled when they come in. That was an appointment I never made- they came in straight and didn’t really crowd the other teeth together so I’ve still got them. One even has a filling!

One of mine when I was 16 on X-Ray was growing impacted, rear to front.
At 18, it was erupting normally and grew straight up.

It flipped the dentist out.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I'm 50 and still have all 4...it's all too easy to trigger the gag reflex, particularly if I'm anxious that morning.
Have you heard the guy that says modern soft food is screwing up everyone's jaw and teeth?

Had 3 out on the advise of my dentist. Everyone's different. Went good. Used beer to flush the back of my mouth-- it wasn't sugary, and the bubbles were good for dislodging food from the stitches.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Have you heard the guy that says modern soft food is screwing up everyone's jaw and teeth?

Nope, haven't heard that one.

Mouth breathing (allergies), and diet (e.g. Vit K2, and allergies) make more sense (to me).

I was starting with a new dentist sometime in my late 20s and mentioned to him that I thought it was odd that no previous dentist had talked to me about having my wisdom teeth out and that they weren't bothering me yet.
After my xray, he told me I was lucky enough to have been born without any.
My daughter inherited my luck, but my wife has had two out and still complains about how miserable that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back