Passenger airliner hijacked out of Sea-Tac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can fly it because he plays video games. Well that didn't work out well at all. Bet it comes out that he was being treated for some issues. Sounds like some sort of hypnotic state of mind, let's see, which popular prescription sleep med is classified as a hypnotic ... hummm... The calmness seems to indicate being under the influence of something.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Suicidal mechanic they are saying on the news.

Yikes, that's not something you see every day. Aircraft Mechanics are very unlikely candidates for such behavior. Much like the concealed weapons permit folks rarely engaging in criminal activity, Aircraft Mechanics are overwhelmingly conscientious people.

I've met a few dummies that probably should not have passed the A+P test, but I've never met a truly crazy Aircraft Mechanic. Maybe crazy people simply don't want to spend years in the classroom learning how to maintain aircraft, only to blow it in a blaze of glory.

EDIT: It seems he was a ground service agent, possibly not a mechanic.

Last edited:
Yup ground crews are an entirely different batch of folks but sad this guy felt like he had to go this way.

People are being offered free health care, free education, guaranteed job and salary....so why not the next step to free travel as well? What's mine is yours.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
Well Seattle is full of crazies and homeless.

Not really any different then many places but if that makes you feel better.

Working people with mental health issues are everywhere amongst us. Our local one was a contractor who wanted to go home so he set a small fire in Navy nuke submarine causing a $200 million loss to Navy fleet.

Just plane and sadly one suicidal person and no else hurt.

I think this guy knew precisely what he was doing. He went out and took a look around, did his barrel rolls and then nose dived into a secluded area where nobody else would be harmed. He stated all through his conversation that he didn't want to harm anyone else.

It is a shame that people reach this level of desperation at such a young age. He had his whole life ahead of him and he felt this was the only way out.

Probably on some sort of drugs and/or alcohol. I'm sure they'll do an autopsy and figure that out. This could have been much worse is the positive part.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Probably on some sort of drugs and/or alcohol. I'm sure they'll do an autopsy and figure that out.

I doubt there is much of anything left to do an autopsy on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back