Edge Titanium is Both....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I'm reading this right, what you're saying is if I buy a Ford edge, titanium trim level, the only oil I should use is Castrol Edge with titanium?

Right?

BP/Castrol has been a Ford supplier for awhile
smile.gif

You’d be well advised to use Castrol Edge with Titanium in a Ford Edge Titanium.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
So if I'm reading this right, what you're saying is if I buy a Ford edge, titanium trim level, the only oil I should use is Castrol Edge with titanium?

Right?

It works for me. ! bought an XL so I can use any oil.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
BP/Castrol has been a Ford supplier for awhile
smile.gif

Are you talking about the factory fill? Because I thought the Motorcraft labeled oils were a Conoco/Phillips product.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey

Are you talking about the factory fill? Because I thought the Motorcraft labeled oils were a Conoco/Phillips product.

Whimsey

Motorcraft is usually COP/Kendall, correct, but I know that Castrol is more used in Ford's European-market cars. And maybe a couple over here. It is also possible that FF is not the same as Motorcraft (and Ford is known to do this with their filters)

And I remember one time saying "Ford recommends BP fuel" or something. This was around the time that Top Tier first came out, and BP wasn't on the list at the time.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

And I remember one time saying "Ford recommends BP fuel" or something. This was around the time that Top Tier first came out, and BP wasn't on the list at the time.

My Mom's '09 Taurus has that printed on the Fuel cap. My '09 Sable(built about a month earlier) however does not. Just "No E-85".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back