FRAM FPS3387A PRO SYNTHETIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockauto.com has these for $ 2.39 each + shipping . How do they compare to FRAM PF3387A ?

3000 mile OCI on dino oil .

How do they compare to a BOSCH 72132WS ?

Thanks , :)

So , for better or worse , as good as the PF3387A filter I have purchased in the past , at Walmart ?

Again , 3000 mile OCI with dino oil .

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Rockauto.com has these for $ 2.39 each + shipping . How do they compare to FRAM PF3387A ?

I checked on Rockauto for my Civic. They had 1 left Was $1.91 and shipping was over $9 lol..

When I order oil filters form Rockauto , I order 6 to 12 at a time , to spread out the shipping cost .

When I looked ar the PFS3387A on Rock auto , they had 1 for less than $ 2 on close out . then more for less than $ 3 .

Check that on your Civic .

Originally Posted By: JC1

I checked on Rockauto for my Civic. They had 1 left Was $1.91 and shipping was over $9 lol..

Blame Canada for that.
My last oil filter order (3 filters) from rockauto was about 5.90 shipping. I would never keep more than two years of backup oil filters. Plus, I store them in the least humid place of my house - with constant temps in the 60s-70s..... furnace room.

The FPS is a reboxed Ultra, except without the grippy end. Primarily intended for jobbers
smile.gif

Might as well run the orange can at a 3k interval. It's a waste of a good filter to run a synthetic filter that long and throw it out!

It is a waste of money, since members here have achieved 400K on filters like EGs, basic Proline at PepBoys and NAPA Silvers.... three examples.

Similar people buy Mobil Annual, Amsoil, Motul, Schaeffers..... etc.... expensive oils and depart those vehicles before 150K.
Those are not very wallet-logical decisions either.

Waste is everywhere in our society and not going away.

I can order 12 of the FPS3387A from RockAuto.com + freight for almost $ 3 each .

I can go down to Walmart and buy the PF3387a for $ 3.77 + tax .

This is about buying an inexpensive , good , filter . For our Buick 3.8l . Sounds like I have been told the FPS3387A is good ?

If you have a link for an inexpensive , good , filter for less , please post it .

Some of you may consider it a waste . I consider it cheap insurance . Oil / filters are much cheaper than engines .

Some of you may consider it a waste . I consider it cheap insurance . Oil / filters are much cheaper than engines .

Exactly, I can think of a lot more things to save a few bucks a year on than oil and filters for a vehicles you care about.

Very welcome ! :)

I purchased 12 . Will probably share some with a cousin that also has a 3.8l Buick .

Same freight for 6 or 12 .

You did great! You couldn't find a better deal, IMO!

I have seen a member here cut open a Pro Synthetic filter, 7317 filter on a Honda, after 19k miles and 2 synthetic oil changes and the filters were pristine and looked no different than the same filter run 5K miles.

I run dino oil and only drive 5K miles a year. I am going to run my dino oil and the Fram Synthetic filter the full year without batting an eye and still feel that I could have run the oil and filter for twice the mileage. Plenty of safety factor built in for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back