Checked the cabin filter today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
knock it against your tire and run it for another 20k miles.

But really, don't do that. Good work changing it, the difference after changing cabin filters is so noticeable and satisfying.

Originally Posted By: HemiHawk
knock it against your tire and run it for another 20k miles.

But really, don't do that. Good work changing it, the difference after changing cabin filters is so noticeable and satisfying.

Its even more noticeable to your family and friends that have asthma or COPD.

Last edited:
The filter in my sister's 2013 Jetta looked like that. I pretty much had to pry it out of the car.
sick.gif

At some point, with clogging, you might burn out your blower motors under the strain of pumping air thru that garbage, seriously.

Here is my recomendation for a replacement (previous post of mine):
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Got the Bosch HEPA 0.3 micron cabin air filter put in. Get the Bosch if you can, and don't mind paying a few extra dollars more.
That is an incredible, premium product. Very thick, cottony depth filter.

3 kinds of cabin air filters:
1. Plain paper -- works OK, cheap.
2. Carbon infused paper filter -- the Fram one might be best.
3. HEPA (Bosch) -- wow, traps small stuff

or see https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4408504/Bosch_has_a_99.97__HEPA_CAF

Lucky, no chipmunks or voles nesting in it, as is a big problem here in New Hampshire.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
That is foul. I think you should adjust your change interval.

crackmeup2.gif

I honestly don't know how you people breath thru that nonsense. NASTY.

That can't be real. You would have zero airflow. If it is real that is some serious neglect and hope is not a pattern of other things in the auto realm.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
That can't be real. You would have zero airflow. If it is real that is some serious neglect and hope is not a pattern of other things in the auto realm.

But then again it would be 100% effective!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back