2009-2014 F150 Radiator Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2010 F150 with the 5.4 and I need to replace the radiator due to a crack and I want to replace it with the best brand does anyone know of any full aluminum direct fit radiators? If not I’m between the brands of CSF, TYO, SPECTRA Premium or DENSO if anyone has info or opinions on these it will be greatly appreciated. Or if there are any other suggestions throw them at me. My truck is my baby and I don’t daily drive it so i want to replace it with the best I can at a reasonable price.

For a $165 I would go OE. Look around the web at online dealers and Ford parts for a lower price and the best shipping.

radiator

Edit: Direct fit all aluminum radiators that are decent quality cost $$, not that cheap Chinese junk peddled on ebay.

Last edited:
If you want the best of the best, OE is the way to go. I have a spectra premium in my truck. It fit. It’s cheap. It keeps my truck cool.

Originally Posted By: BJacksonF150
I want to replace it with the best brand

That would be Motorcraft/Ford. Anything else is reverse-engineered garbage that is liable to drop a trans cooler fitting.

Ditto the above comments. Motorcraft/Ford would be the first choice, and my local dealer has them for just under $200. Not in stock though, and usually takes 1-2 business days for parts to come from Chicago...

After that, I have a Spectra in 4.6L Explorer that has worked just fine for the last 3+ years. It was cheap, in stock at the parts dealer, and fit fine. I'd buy another based my experience with it to date.

OEM, then Spectra and Denso in that order. Visteon used to have an aftermarket line until it became Vista-Pro. Who knows what happened to them.

FWIW, I installed a Spectra in a Nissan Quest when my parents had one and it worked fine. The OEM was a Johnson Controls and the Spectra was made in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back