oz Camry 2015 manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nothing about Camrys, but I am assuming this is the same engine (or one of the same engines) sold in the US?

The viscosity chart makes me happy..

Last edited:
That's a lot of consumption! And based on the fact that all those viscosity are allowed, poor design seems to be more at fault than any particular SAE grade.

I have had a couple of Camrys in the family, a 2009 and 2014.
The 2014 does not burn a drop as far a I can tell but the 2009
now uses about a quart every 6000 miles or so.
Both these cars have 4 cylinder engines

I'm sure that Camry's have some instances of oil burners however, I don't personally know anyone that is experiencing any oil loss/burning. With Camry 2.4L engines in other vehicles such as Scion tC they were quiet noted for their oil burning but, not many Camry's.

What engine size are these Camry's using in OZ?

Last edited:
By looking at that page even though it has various weights on the chart,is 0W20 still the recommended weight since it's mentioned several times on the page?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
By looking at that page even though it has various weights on the chart,is 0W20 still the recommended weight since it's mentioned several times on the page?
It appears they were simply using 0w-20 as the example by looking at the wording.

I wouldn't be able to stand having a car that used near that much oil.

I'd go for 15W-40 and stick with it. Out of curiosity, with the plant closing down in Australia, where are the new Camry's made?

Stateside most O.M. from many manufacturers include the " … choosing an oil of higher viscosity may be more suitable for high speed or extreme load conditions … " - but without the viscosity chart attending.

Subaru has been notable for this "Caution Without Remedy".

Obvious to anyone with a brain stem this is Absolutely CAFE "cartel mandated" .

( As an aside, in the past 1/2 decade Ive learned to install as light a lubricant as I can get away with whilst still maintaining full throttle / high rpm power - but not too light - as to avoid unnecessary engine clatter or even hard mechanical knock; i.e, my Rogue's 10w30 sump is moderated with a 1/2 qt 5w20 to get better low speed operation. )

Last edited:
x40 for a sedan! I don't think any sedans in U.S. are speced for that. Even many trucks are now x20 ... Same engine trucks that are x20 in U.S. are x30 and x40 overseas (Same temperature range). I think they want to sell more expensive oil any where they can (my own theory) like iPhone versions ... plus CAFE from what I've learned on bitog.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Out of curiosity, with the plant closing down in Australia, where are the new Camry's made?

Our Camry's are fully imported from Japan now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back