SuperTech Synthetic 5w20 (6,576 miles) Genesis Coupe 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperTech 5w20 with a basic Fram filter. Lots of high speed and high heat driving with extended periods of idling. Turns out I need to clean my air filter.

Last edited:
[censored] picture won't display properly I hate this [censored] magical formatting that doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Click reply, then click the box with the blue up arrow on it. Should be easy from there.

Hope this helped/helps sir
smile.gif

Thanks. It absolutely refused to work when I was using the regular method that I've been using the past 8 years. -_-

Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17
Thanks. It absolutely refused to work when I was using the regular method that I've been using the past 8 years. -_-

You are more than welcome friend
smile.gif

... Turns out I need to clean my air filter.
Not necessarily clean it, but check it for leaks. Replace air filter it it's seriously clogged or has a hole; otherwise leave it alone.

For what a lot of people consider a cheap oil, (myself used to be included)
that look's like a good report minus the little bit of silicon which I doubt has anything to do with the oil.
Thank's for sharing.
thumbsup2.gif

Funny thing, I was talking with a friend from Laos. She told me that Hyundai are nothing but problems in Laos and don't come with warranties, nor any consumer protections laws that are afforded us in USA. She added that the Hyundai's sold in the USA are well built. I've read a lot of awesome UOA's on Hyundais. Laos is still Communist.

Sometimes we forget how good it is to be an American.

Nice UOA by the way OP! Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: CR94
... Turns out I need to clean my air filter.
Not necessarily clean it, but check it for leaks. Replace air filter it it's seriously clogged or has a hole; otherwise leave it alone.

I did a lot of driving through very dusty areas in Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado on that OCI. I also have an AEM cold air intake which has a prefilter on it, but it only does so much. I'll pull it off Tuesday for inspection and cleaning. I know the clamps and couplers are clean and tight, so anything that made it through is a result of the filter itself that was last cleaned around 21,000 miles ago in January.

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
You get what you pay for, the oil sheared more than the top shelf stuff.

I can't find a VOA of the SuperTech Synthetic 5w20 to compare it to, only the 5w30. If you could provide one for comparison that would be awesome. It could have sheared more, but it also could have just started thinner. For the price it is doing great, and obviously the amount of sheering wasn't of concern to the lab.

This is a UOA of almost the exact same mileage in the same vehicle using Mobil 1 5w20 and it was even thinner.

Indeed, he did get what he paid for--the shearing did nothing to change rates or anything else for that matter. All wear metals are below universal averages, so what else should he expect?

This is a UOA of almost the exact same mileage in the same vehicle using Mobil 1 5w20 and it was even thinner.

DOH!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ka9mnx
What is with the high ZINC and PHOS levels in the original UOA post? Didn't anyone catch that?

So it's not in the 5w20 Virgin samples - of the same time-frame this oil was purchased?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back