2014 Honda Odyssey - Valvoline Synpower 0w-20 6029mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Took me a while, but finally sub,otter an old sample from our Odyssey. The van sees family road trips, but generally sees very short tripping.

roWfCsGl.jpg

Cu is maybe a little disappointing. Think the Na is standard for valvoline? I do dose some Lubeguard bio tech, but I'm not sure it's doing much for us.

I should have another one coming I think.

I did the FF long ago:

Link

Yes sir the sodium was a prominent part of the Valvoline additive package. With Dexos gen 2 approval it no longer is. Now it's high boron
200+ ppm , good amount of Molybdenum 80 ppm, and a bit of titanium 40 ppm, calcium 1000-1200 ppm and magnesium 400-600 ppm.

CU is most likely coming from the oil cooler, these are copper and take a bunch of time to stop leaching out the Cu.

It is not bearing related! so relax. I had very high Cu early on in my 2013 Maxima engine, 10x higher than yours and all is fine.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Do these vans have a dedicated oil cooler? First time hearing this...

From what I can see, only for PSF.

Cu seems high for relatively low PB, no??

In that case, I say the block is gonna blow and you should jump ship now before it's too late.
27.gif

AFAIK this engine uses aluminum bearings so the copper is probably coming from a cooler, if so it can take years/lot of miles to go down to a few PPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back