24 hours in a regional town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a funny 24 hours in this littleish town.

Newsagent I shop at sold a winning ticket for the lottery, local blue collar worker is now $35M richer (no tax on winnings in Oz)...was "gunna" buy a ticket, but was out of town.

Same night, a taxi operator had his cab stolen at knife point, and the perp decided to drive it to Sydney, and parked it under a semi trailer, dying at the scene.

There's always something happening here.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Never a dull moment. Usually the really weird news stories come from Germany or Florida.

and usually Miami-Dade county too.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Never a dull moment. Usually the really weird news stories come from Germany or Florida.

and usually Miami-Dade county too.

A lot of people here are probably too old, but there was a radio show when I was in high school (late 90s, early 00s) called Loveline. The hosts were Adam Carolla and Dr Drew Pinksy. One of the games they would play was "Germany or Florida" and they would read a news story and have people call in to guess where it was from.

There's like nothing happening here. Couple years ago I read the town report. Police department issued 364 tickets over the course of the year and one arrest. There's only two traffic lights I know of within a 10 mile radius, and they are about 2 miles from me. I've had more problems with bears than motorists while driving.

I kinda like it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back