in CA we have "AM PM" , what is it called in your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The_Nuke

QuikTrip is no longer a member of the Top Tier group. The fact that they recently had the "Top Tier" stickers put on all their gas pumps seems awfully well timed seeing as they just dropped their Top Tier membership. It's almost as if they wanted everyone to think they are still a Top Tier gasoline without having to provide a Top Tier product to the buyers.

Quick Trip is still too tier and along with Chevron they were first TT gasoline.

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Haffners, it kicks..
Cumberland Farms
Irving popping up everywhere.

I now buy Haffner's home heating oil after the small local oil delivery company folded a few years ago.
I just read a few months ago the Haffner family sold the business to (I cant remember to whom).

There are also some places > PRIME < with some shady characters (owners) behind the counter that look like they escaped from a Siberian prison and get a little to friendly with the Wife. I'm 1/2 Slavic 2nd gen but a criminal is a criminal.

Then the other Soviet invasion with LUKOIL popping up here and there.

IDK.

If its shady or known bad actors I guess just STAY AWAY.

Wish I had a Haffners near me, only know of the one in Hudson.
Irving is what I use only due to commuting convenience and what seems to be most common in my area. Haven't seen a LUKOIL yet, only in MA.
I don't even consider Cumberland Farms, seems to be more pricey than Irving. There are Speedways' here and there, but not where I typically travel.

AM/PM is Arco's convenience store chain that most franchisees choose to build. Not all Arcos have AM/PMs.

No names by me are Delta (they have a ton of stations, including many which are regular only) US Gas, Piramyd, and Enrite. I use US gas often, since its up the hill from me and I run additives in all my cars, Im ok with no name. Its high turnover and I often see box trucks and busses there so I know the diesel moves. The brand names around me are all price gougers, U.S was at 2.99/3.09 for diesel, Exxon is 3.58/3.68! I grabbed Sunoco diesel on the garden state parkway for 3.12 which I thought was very fair for being the only name allowed to sell fuel on that road.

What's up with this place? Top level Madison Ave marketing?

And I once thought Pump N Pantry was bad …

It is an old family owned company from Iowa. They are competing with Casey’s and turning into more of a deli/restaurant without much seating that sells gas. They even have beer on tap in some of them.

The major off brands around here are Casey’s and Kum & Go. Casey’s has gobbled up almost every off brand chain in the Midwest. With Casey's in every town prices don’t vary throughout town unless you are in the big cities with the exception of the Murphy’s at Walmart.

What's up with this place? Top level Madison Ave marketing?

And I once thought Pump N Pantry was bad …

My favorite station to stop at here in Iowa. Almost all of them carry E85, and many carry premium without E, and premium E10 at 93 octane. They also have great fountain selections, and all sizes are $1 from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Caseys does have better pizza...but that is it, Kum&Go beats them in every other way.

If you think that is bad, Minnesota has stations called Pump N Munch! I always thought they had it backwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back