Tesla Going Private?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PimTac
The Saudi’s just put in $2 billion. Coincidence?

$2 Billion on a market valuation of $70 Billion = meh.

The earnings report for 2nd Q was truly bad, but share price moved up 'cause Elon said they would make money this year.

Going private at $420 a share, someone knows something that is a secret or Elon is bluffing.

Buying popcorn by the 50lb bag.

And no way I would invest in this company.

Originally Posted By: Danno

$2 Billion on a market valuation of $70 Billion = meh.

The earnings report for 2nd Q was truly bad, but share price moved up 'cause Elon said they would make money this year.

Going private at $420 a share, someone knows something that is a secret or Elon is bluffing.

Buying popcorn by the 50lb bag.

And no way I would invest in this company.

I wouldn’t invest in it either but if you could make a quick 6% then why wouldn’t you? I’m speaking about the Saudi Fund.

It’s the biggest Ponzi scheme on record.

They bought stock or a percentage of the business and will try an unfriendly take over?

While waiting for Dr's appt they had July 18 Motor Trend there. I couldn't read too long as luck has it when you want to read Dr. waiting room mags they call your name. But the number of electric cars by established makers coming is amazing. Jaguar for one has something that is a Tesla competitor for much less money. VW, many others are coming too. The difference is they know already how to make cars. Toyota is working on a new kind of solid state battery with Panasonic.

If Tesla was capable of turning a profit, it would have by now. It's not. In fact it wouldn't even be operating today if it weren't for large government infusions of capital. Tesla is slowly hemorrhaging to death. And all of Musk's entertaining B.S. isn't going to save it. Both Tesla and Musk are too volatile to invest in. This guy wakes up every morning with a new B.S. story. None of which long term investors want to hear.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/tesla-st...been-alone.html

"Since it went public eight years ago, Tesla's share price has risen nearly 2,000 percent. And the company is still unprofitable."

Musk has always intended to get bought out by one of the OEMs. He's just trying to keep the ship afloat until he finds a buyer.

Good luck with that.

Tesla has done some innovative things and pushed the industry of electric cars forward but overall it's kind of a joke of a company and I don't know if it has a future.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
This guy is a joke, I can't believe anyone still owns this stock.

I agree.

Like others have said, he was hoping a big manufacturer would buy Tesla.

The Tesla 18 wheeler truck was a silly idea that will never come to fruition. Just a silly concept vehicle and lots of media hoopla.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
The Tesla 18 wheeler truck was a silly idea that will never come to fruition. Just a silly concept vehicle and lots of media hoopla.

Only months away for the stated date of operation of that...funny in the "conversations" on that how many supposedly smart people get roped in by Musk's imagination.

If Tesla does go private, that will happen only after a huge loss in market value.
No way I can see this happening at current share price levels.
There will be an overall market correction within the next couple of years and companies now trading at very high or infinite P/E ratios like Tesla will suffer a disproportionate loss in market value.
That would be a good time to take the firm private, assuming that it remains an operating concern for that long.
Buy back your own company on the cheap?
I like the concept.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
If Tesla does go private, that will happen only after a huge loss in market value.
There will be an overall market correction within the next couple of years and companies now trading at very high or infinite P/E ratios like Tesla will suffer a disproportionate loss in market value.
That would be a good time to take the firm private, assuming that it remains an operating concern for that long.
I like the concept.

You are a fool for liking this "concept"
Elon Musk is a fraud and a joke. I would NOT buy anything he attempts to manufacture.

Musk will be out of business within 2 years says I and my stepfather

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I like the concept.

You are a fool for liking this "concept"
Elon Musk is a fraud and a joke. I would NOT buy anything he attempts to manufacture.

Musk will be out of business within 2 years says I and my stepfather

I am a fool for merely having observed how the world works?
If that is the case, then there are many greater fools out there, many of whom own shares in Tesla.
Barnum had it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back