Audi G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

A friend is looking at a higher end SUV. She has tested at BMW, Volvo, Mercedes.

I suggested Audi. Looks pretty good. I know their AWD system might be the best.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Audi G5
Did you mean Q5?

If so, wife loves hers. She test drove a BMW and an MB at the time, and preferred the Audi. I like it, too. But ours is the previous generation. The new gen is now made in Mexico, although from what I've heard it's very good as well. The digital cockpit is awesome.

Audi interiors are some of the best in the industry.

The term “best” is a personal view and not general.

Audi makes a good vehicle. As mentioned already, a test drive is needed to see if it fits the needs of the buyer.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Audi G5
Did you mean Q5?

Duuuh...Q5

A friend is looking at a higher end SUV. She has tested at BMW, Volvo, Mercedes.
Any thoughts?

Of all of those I prefer MB. Audi and is certainly amongst the best, but all the audis I've been in had the red instrument panel which for me was a turn-off, I still think that MB has a better reliability and I would put BMW dead last.

Originally Posted By: Pelican
Any thoughts?

Of all of those I prefer MB. Audi and is certainly amongst the best, but all the audis I've been in had the red instrument panel which for me was a turn-off, I still think that MB has a better reliability and I would put BMW dead last.

She felt the headroom was too low...fact or fiction...I don't know.

The Q5 is an excellent choice and a really good vehicle for its class. My brother has nothing but pleasure with his 2014 Q5 with the v6 supercharged?. No issues.

Like most "upper scale" mid size SUV's they have the 2.0 Turbo. At 250ish HP they pack a nice punch. Personally would not want anything smaller.

Whats not to like, a very nice high end interior, looks good, Quattro, and the 2.0T, its a good solid engine with plenty of power.
You gave your friend good advice IMO.

We have a 2018 Q5. What a nice vehicle its is very quiet on the highway has great power with the 2.0. and gets good mpg. 2018 was new version with updated tech and the engine had more hp. We traded a 2008 X3 and definitely a step up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back