Battery died need radio security code

Status
Not open for further replies.

plf

Car battery died was valet overnight at a hotel . Jumped it but now when I try to put radio in I get enter code, no idea can’t find anything in owners manual

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: plf
now when I try to put radio in

Is that turn radio on or detachable face on?

Get the serial number from your radio and go to a Honda dealership. They should be able to look up your code. You may need the VIN also.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Maybe it needs to be run for a while to reset the computer preferences?
no you must get the code from the dealer. Enter the code into the radio before it will work.

Turn the ignition switch to accessory and turn the radio off. Push the one and six button at the same time, then turn the radio on with the buttons still pressed. The serial number will be displayed. You will need this number and your VIN number to retrieve the radio code. You can either contact your local dealership to get the code or retrieve it online through Honda.

Look in your manual, and in your black plastic "sleeve" that holds the manual. My radio code was in that, in a pocket, and not in the actual manual itself.

^ He already found it per the bottom of the previous page.
smile.gif

Now that you find it, put the code in your phone's notepad with the appropriate title?
Also, if you have a computer, create a directory called Honda CRV and put a file with the code also.

That is what I will do.
I also have a spreadsheet on all the maintenance done to the car, in the BITOG spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back