M1 TDT CK-4 5w40, 2015 Ram EcoDiesel, 5,431mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my 2nd UOA since buying this truck used at 30k miles. The lab wrote it down as RT6 but it was M1 TDT CK-4. We did about 1k miles of towing our Jayco Jayflight 264BH this summer on this fill. It sheared about the same as the previous 0w40 did over the winter (no towing).

Currently have 1k miles on the current fill of Mystik JT8 15w40 Synblend. Will post the results after the same 5.5k interval.

What do think about the higher soot?

M1 stalkers will notice the additional 6ppm of iron and heeeere we go again.

TDT has less than half the calcium of T6.... wonder if that’s a contributor? Could definitely use some finer filtration, what was on for this OCI?

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
M1 stalkers will notice the additional 6ppm of iron and heeeere we go again.

TDT has less than half the calcium of T6.... wonder if that’s a contributor? Could definitely use some finer filtration, what was on for this OCI?

Contributing to what?

Could definitely use some finer filtration, what was on for this OCI?

Same filtration as last OCI. I'd be all over a Fram Ultra if they made one for this engine.

Oil = Pronto Full Synthetic (running an STP this current OCI though)

Air = AFE Magnum Intake with Dry filter

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Thanks, TDT is also SM rated, suitable for gas engines, but probably too high in phosphorus for a SN rating.

Actually, both the old CJ-4 and new CK-4 versions are both SN rated.

TDT has less than half the calcium of T6...

And it has 4x's the amount of "Miracle" Moly, shouldn't we see better wear numbers? But then again this was during the warmer summer months while hauling a travel trailer VS the colder winter months with snow and lots of remote starts and idling to warm/defrost.

*pot stirring for the sake of debate, fyi

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Thanks, TDT is also SM rated, suitable for gas engines, but probably too high in phosphorus for a SN rating.

I stand corrected. It is indeed SN rated. The Mobil property chart shows a nominal phosphorous concentration of 1000 ppm. I originally thought the limit for a SN rated oil was 800 ppm for phosphorus.

5,000 mile oil changes the filter you are running is more than do the job.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
... What do think about the higher soot?

RE: soot ...
soot is cumulative in quantity. Don't confuse soot quantity with size.
Also, soot is generally accepted to be OK up to around 3%, so you're WELL below those limits.
See this study
www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Publications/Documents/UsedOil\2008020.pdf
open the PDF; see their page 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back