How to clean a paper air filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JC1

Maybe it's a good idea to keep a second "Clean" filter for quick swaps. Once swapped out you can clean it within the first week before it gets dirty again.

Love it! Change when you need and clean when you can.

With your conditions that bad, no problem cleaning...as mentioned knock out the loose stuff and shop vac. I'd stay away from high pressure air to make sure you don't put a hole in the media.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
You need those foam covered ones-I use Baldwin & Purolator on the F-450 in my sig. When they get dirty, you can peel off the foam & wash it, & even glue it back on. Or pitch it & run it until the paper one starts to clog. Must be dusty out there in the high desert-but I would take it if it meant NO MORE RUST!!!
I have found that when I remove the foam wrap dirt goes everywhere including the clean side of the filter.

I have determined that blowing one out does not do much. You may get the loose dirt out. The dirt that's stuck in the fibers and is what's causing the restriction won't come out.

I have a couple extra filters for my old Ridgid shop vac. When I empty it and change the filters, I soak the dirty one in warm water. I soak it and change the water a few times and then let it dry. Wonder if an air filter element could survive a dunk?

Go online, and see if you can buy a whole bunch of replacements cheap?

If its an old-school round air filter, must be able to get them cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back