Any IPSC shooters here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, for years.

It's best to go to an event or two and watch, politely ask questions from the organizers and also the competitors BEFORE and AFTER the event.

If your local club offers classes for IPSC, take one.

Last edited:
Good idea to search and download the rules, there's lots to know, not just shooting. Canadian IPSC
rules are like 75 pages!

Marksmanship on a time limit is an issue, hitting a target at 20 yards fast is not easy to do!

In Canada most clubs require a shooter to pass a Holster course that includes marksmanship often
called a Black Badge course.

I did a few times in the mid 90's. Good advice above. Learn all you can first, and go spectate a few matches.

We had IPSC and IDPA guys at one of the ranges I worked at.

I would agree that you should go to some events and ask questions, all great guys usually, eager to share their knowledge.

Then be prepared to buy / build an expensive race gun and a reloading set up.

That is an expensive hobby, but it can be a lot of fun.

If you are looking to start competitive pistol shooting check into IDPA or even 2 and 3 gun matches.

Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

In Canada most clubs require a shooter to pass a Holster course that includes marksmanship often
called a Black Badge course.

The Black Badge course is hard to track down, at least the ones offered in Ontario. The IPSC Ontario website has not been the most up-to-date for quite some time. Even some folks on another Canadian firearms forum have trouble finding the course date.

Clubs that do offer the course on their own are half a day driving from where I am...

Originally Posted By: jk_636
We had IPSC and IDPA guys at one of the ranges I worked at.

I would agree that you should go to some events and ask questions, all great guys usually, eager to share their knowledge.

Then be prepared to buy / build an expensive race gun and a reloading set up.

That is an expensive hobby, but it can be a lot of fun.

If you are looking to start competitive pistol shooting check into IDPA or even 2 and 3 gun matches.

I do plan on getting the Black Badge so I can take part in IDPA as well.

Last edited:
GSSF is my membership. Glock Shooting Sports Foundation. Lots to learn,prizes,free glocks to win and a Glock Armorer on staff to do many upgrades for free or little cost.

I second the advice of going to matches and watching. Most people are quite willing to talk, and it's quite likely you'll be approached by someone to offer help and insight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back