BARDAHL NoSmoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is BARDAHL NoSmoke any good for reducing consumption in a worn out truck? Less than $5, but curious to know any opinions of actual users.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
You could try the old trick GM told Chevy dealers to do back in the 1950's. Google Bon Ami ring job.
That was awesome, thanks for that.

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648
I like Restore.

Me too. Restore is a great product for increasing compression.

For a quick temporary consumption fix , Bardahl almost free to try.

I have never ever had success with any thick motor oil treatment/additive for slowing down oil burning/leaks. Not even RESTORE. And the only thing that Restore ever did was contribute to plugging and/or finishing off the Catalytic Converter.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
You could try the old trick GM told Chevy dealers to do back in the 1950's. Google Bon Ami ring job.
That trick was used to seat piston rings that wouldn't breakin . Sand the upper end down.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Is BARDAHL NoSmoke any good for reducing consumption in a worn out truck? Less than $5, but curious to know any opinions of actual users.
Try a thicker oil.

Thanks all. My daughter accidentally used a thin oil in an older truck, so we used bardhal to bump the viscosity up for this change.

The VII in it, is of the low quality methylmetacrilates or worst and it shears pretty quick. Like 3k miles later, so the thickening is short lived.

Originally Posted By: Hammehead
T... it shears pretty quick. Like 3k miles later, so the thickening is short lived.

Thats perfect then. That will coincide almost perfectly with her next OC, this time with 10-30 MaxLife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back