Who makes AmazonBasics Full Synthetic Motor Oil ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be another Aukey product
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Must be another Aukey product
wink.gif

LOOOL... didn't we just have a thread about this a few weeks back and using the Dexos license we determined it was Warren? Don't quote me on that but that's what I remember.

Edit: if you look at the picture of the container it says "Manufactured by Warren Distribution, Inc"

Last edited:
I'm not sure how that pricing is going to work. It's a similar price of the the big name brands and higher than the store brand stuff.

Originally Posted By: Muskieteer
I see the picture on the back of the bottle says Warren Oil. This must be the same as Walmart then?

NO.

Warren Oil is Autozone ( and many others) store branded ILSAC motor oils and Lubriguard.

WPP and WD is some Walmart brands and ACCEL and MAG1.

Been through this a thousand time over the past decade and a half.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I'm not sure how that pricing is going to work. It's a similar price of the the big name brands and higher than the store brand stuff.

That's what I thought when I saw it. Walmart has the identical product in stores and online too for $16, not Amazon's ripoff $22.
Its decent oil, due to the dexos1 rating. I'd still prefer brand name stuff like Pennzoil Platinum 0w20 for $23 at walmart (Pennzoil's rebate of $10 bumps it down to $13 per 5 quarts, not bad).

Not sure why Amazon would want to tread into these waters unless they could sell it at a significant discount, which they apparently won't or can't. I'm sure it's more than decent stuff but who would buy it at that price?

That said, I buy stuff at Amazon all the time and I'd have no issue at all using this oil, but I'm not going out of my way to buy any.

The target audience is probably someone who doesn't shop at Walmart in store. But that price, dang, I can ship from walmart.com free for half as much.

Looks like someone's promotion project (new product launch, yay, the final points on my promotion document, I can get a promotion now), then after the promotion transfer to another owner and let him / her hold the bag on why it is not selling.

No idea who makes it. Jug does NOT look like new WM Super Tech Synthetic sold in area WM here. Warren Dist has said WPP logo no longer on bottom of all Warren blended oil. Those using the Dexos license# claim it's Warren Dist. By that logic though, all Super Tech Synthetic in all areas is WPP blended.

That aside, as listed the Amazon Syn currently carries a ~$7.50 price premium to Super Tech Synthetic 0w20 Dexos Gen2 jug. No interest here at that price.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
It says Warren Distribution right on the bottle.

Yup...

Originally Posted By: ad244
Gotta Say the Value sure is there... Matching mobil 1's rebate Costco pricing

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C5S...69effc88b7a289f

$28.00 for 6 quarts shipped and it meets Dexos

Interesting that they are going for the minimalist labeling approach!

My Costco's sale price for my Mobil 1 is 27.99 and then you tack on the rebate when available a couple times a year. Hard to beat.

Originally Posted By: wemay

Yup...

Thanks wemay. I’m not tech-knowledgeable enough to figure how to post a pic off the Amazon page.

Originally Posted By: wemay

Yup...

Thanks wemay. I’m not tech-knowledgeable enough to figure how to post a pic off the Amazon page.

Haha, neither am i. Wife taught me.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Not sure why Amazon would want to tread into these waters unless they could sell it at a significant discount, which they apparently won't or can't. I'm sure it's more than decent stuff but who would buy it at that price?

That said, I buy stuff at Amazon all the time and I'd have no issue at all using this oil, but I'm not going out of my way to buy any.

One word: Alexa

It's their strategy going forward. Dog Food, Toilet Tissue, and now Motor Oil. And it will work, too.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
One word: Alexa
It's their strategy going forward. Dog Food, Toilet Tissue, and now Motor Oil. And it will work, too.

Solution;
"Alexa, buy me some Mobil 1 5W30 and no WiFi for you for a week if you try to substitute that AmazonBasics junk, witch!"

Alexa is a major force within Amazon to have customers avoid shopping with a computer or cellphone.

Scott Galloway on YouTube has a few videos on how Alexa always defaults to Amazon Basics if you don't specify a brand name for ______ product.

Amazon Basics merchandise does have a nice profit margin.... if not there would be zero effort and money invested in their private label items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back