Amazon Oil Coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great observation.
Being it's a GM spec, and not an API spec, I doubt the Base oil interchange rules apply.

Given that, I'd suggest that they are either the same, or have an approved set of basestocks tested by the additive company.

Originally Posted By: nap
Any idea who is the supplier behind all these store brands?
Warren Distribution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeGk2xeIcTY is the blender.
However, they don't formulate their own addtive packages. That comes from Lubrizol or Oronite or Afton, whoever they use that did the dexos1 Gen2 tests. Also, they get shipments of spec base oil from the lowest bidder as well.

Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: dogememe
Nice, another quality Warren oil.
Which Warren? There are two Warren outfits blending private-label oils, y'know.

What? Now I'm confused.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Do the Base Oil Interchange rules allow a syn-blend and full-syn to share the same dexos1 license number?

Mighty Engine Guard Full Synthetic
Mighty Engine Guard Full Synthetic Blend (note it has the SAME dexos1 license as their Full-Syn product!!)

Just my opinion here but since the license number in question is clearly a full synthetic, Mighty Engine may be choosing to re-label their full synthetic as a lesser-grade 'blend', sell it at a lower cost, and take less margin on sales. Not sure why they'd want to do that but it's their choice. Since they are selling a better product but calling it a lesser, there's nothing shady either. It's not going to hurt an engine either.

My company produces/sells chemicals and some identical chemicals are labeled with different product names. This is done because customers often want the product that's "ideal" for their application when in reality, it works ideally in multiple applications. When it comes to getting certifications, we are able to tell them "these 4 products are identical" and they only have to validate one of them and then all of the other "like" products are certified too.

Of course, this could just be a typo or mistake in the listing.

Originally Posted By: JeffKeryk
Why not? Bezos wants to take over the world, and he just might do it.
The oil will track your whereabouts, no doubt.

Gets nothing from me so same with this stuff …

Originally Posted By: CR94
Nice, another quality Warren oil.
Which Warren? There are two Warren outfits blending private-label oils, y'know.
What? Now I'm confused.
You're not the only one. There is a "WD Warren Distribution" company http://www.warrendistribution.com/ , and there is a separate, different company called "Warren Oil Company" http://www.warrenoil.com/ . Both are mostly in the same market. Amazon has, for the time being, hooked up with WD. Tomorrow it could be anybody else. As long as the spec on the oil is the same, Amazon does not have to change their label. Same with Walmart's deal on SuperTech.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
Originally Posted By: mrdctaylor
If it is priced right, I'd be all over it. But I'll bet I can still get better deals locally between clearances and rebates. If I can have a good quality synthetic oil prime shipped to my house for a great price that means I can let me stockpile of clearance oil dwindle. :)

If recent trends mean anything, I'd expect this to be listed at the same price as SuperTech at Walmart.

Looks like it's out: AmazonBasic 0w-20.

Priced at about the same as M1.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
As long as you can get a major brand for less $$, it’s not much of a deal.

I like to think way beyond a bottle and a buck … we need the major energy companies in many facets of our lives …
Amazon … I don’t need at all …

That price is a big disappointment!
The only saving grace I can find is that it might be special superdense oil...the shipping weight for 5q of 5W30 is 30 pounds!

Never mind...the item weight is 9.93 lbs. 20 lbs of box and bubble wrap???

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I won't support Amazon.

Same. This drone stuff from Amazon will not have a happy ending … one more reason I love this shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back