One Tool oil analyser OTO300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought one of these off ebay a few weeks ago for S&G.

http://www.obd2tuner.com/oto300-engine-o...ter-p-1767.html

NOPE, i did NOT pay that...about the same I paid for the BugA Salt that should be here this week (again for S&G)

Colorado has about 7,500km on the current oil, OLM shows 52% remaining. Amazing magic numbers tool says that the oil quality is "2".

Wife's Captiva has about 1,500km on the oil post camshaft swap and rockers...it too showed a "2"

Plan is to keep monitoring the Colorado down to 0% OLM, and see where the amazing magic numbers tool ends, and use that for the Captiva.

I don't trust, nor believe the numbers generated.

Having done a little bit of research, I DO think it will give me a head gasket/coolant leak warning, and maybe not much else.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Looks like a lubricheck clone.

of that I'm 100% sure.

Originally Posted By: zeng
Interesting .... kindly update as days go by ..

Never mind that. Let us know how the BugAsalt goes, particularly if its effective against mosquitos. I use an electric tennis raquet but their evade is pretty good.

I see its available on Amazon in

France (www.amazon.fr)

- Germany (www.amazon.de)

- Italy (www.amazon.it)

- Spain (www.amazon.es)

- UK (www.amazon.co.uk)

Ha! Like they HAVE insects.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: zeng
Interesting .... kindly update as days go by ..

Never mind that. Let us know how the BugAsalt goes, particularly if its effective against mosquitos. I use an electric tennis raquet but their evade is pretty good.
I see its available on Amazon in
France (www.amazon.fr)
- Germany (www.amazon.de)
- Italy (www.amazon.it)
- Spain (www.amazon.es)
- UK (www.amazon.co.uk)
Ha! Like they HAVE insects.

Typical Taiwanese insect in a GOOD mood...

;^)

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Having done a little bit of research, I DO think it will give me a head gasket/coolant leak warning, and maybe not much else.

Even if it only does that reliably that would put and end to me doing a UOA on repairs like GM UIM just to make sure the repair is tight. That would be okay by me.

So, about the size of a business card...Actually I could use one of those several times a day and build up some insights. I do a blotter test (I rip the top off a filter carton and use that) on everything I do an oil change on, and most I don't too. I may see it's way over, or no lube sticker, and dip the oil onto my bit of cardboard. A customer the other day said ''So I should change the oil at 10,000km, 40,000km might be too much ?'' Probably the worst I've seen.

8,500km on the oil, OLM just dipped below 50%...still a "2" on the magic numbers machine.

15,000km, and the OLM is down to 5% (going for a service in a couple weeks time).

Magic Numbers machine showed a "3" for the first time.

Originally Posted By: CR94
What does it actually sense?

I'm guessing that it's a dielectric...like I said earlier, maybe only really good at coolant leaks and water.

Can buy a much ore expensive one, from a reputable supplier

http://www.parker.com/literature/Hydraul...ck_bulletin.pdf

Quote:
The oilcheck is able to show changes in the oil condition brought about by the ingress of water content, fuel contamination, metallic content and oxidation

Here's another that you can get on ebay..

Originally Posted By: Silk
Gullibility - Shannow only has a 3 so far...resistance is strong in this one....

LOL...I'm not running out to 60,000km to try to get an 8, that's for sure...

I really hate to admit it to this group but I have and use a Lubricheck. I have found it to be very reliable. New oil starts out at a "2" and after a month or so it goes down to a "1". After that it steadily rises. Seems to follow the OLM on my daughters car very well.

Originally Posted By: ka9mnx
I really hate to admit it to this group but I have and use a Lubricheck. I have found it to be very reliable. New oil starts out at a "2" and after a month or so it goes down to a "1". After that it steadily rises. Seems to follow the OLM on my daughters car very well.

No, please don't.

I've got two vehicles, that are showing 2s and threes, and I don't trust it to 8 with the OLM showing 4%.

Please add data to the thread.

I will have to go from memory from my daughters car because she doesn't write anyting down and I don't keep track of it. I don't drive much and after about 6 months and 1k miles, my trucks are still at 2.

On my daughters car when the OLM is at about 80% the checker is on 7. When at 100% it's at 8. She drives A LOT and changes her oil at between 18 and 22k (miles). Fram filter (dunno which) and Mobil1 5w-20 (vanila) in a 2014 1.6l Fiesta. She does all her own work. This weekend she's coming over to use my tools to change front brake pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back