Mobil Super 3000 UOA on 2015 Forester XT (FA20DIT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my sample from the Pennzoil Platinum and I am very dissapointed...

More than twice the copper at less than 5000km OCI.

Should I bring it to the dealer with the UOAs? Still under powertrain warranty for a year...

Don't know where to ho from there.

Any input really appreciated.

It can't hurt to run it by the dealer. I'd be a little concerned with that copper number. Part of me wants to say run another interval and UOA, but it doesn't hurt to get it documented with these guys, considering warranty doesn't last forever.

Obviously, sodium is trending downwards with the Mobil Super gone.

Originally Posted By: jbutch
Just received my sample from the Pennzoil Platinum and I am very dissapointed...

More than twice the copper at less than 5000km OCI.

Should I bring it to the dealer with the UOAs? Still under powertrain warranty for a year...

Don't know where to ho from there.

Any input really appreciated.

Doubt that’s a Pennzoil Platinum problem … something mechanical …
Take reports to dealer and chat about it …

I bring it monday at the dealer.

I have the feeling they wont find anything... until the warranty expired

In ~3,000 miles the PP 5W-30 became a 5W-20, that's a lot of shear in a short time. Though I believe PP 5W-30 starts of at the low end of 5W-30 it still should have held up better even with the small amount of fuel dilution.

Whimsey

Something could be going on. This isn't an oil problem at all.

Anyone else think the additives Ca, Mg, P, Zn all seem on the low side in this report of PP?
confused.gif

After reading the report it mentionned a crack in the oil cooler so I looked at it and saw oil on the side of it. (See pictures)

It could be oil that I spilled three weeks ago when I changed the oil but I doubt it as I was very careful.

Could that be related in any way?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Anyone else think the additives Ca, Mg, P, Zn all seem on the low side in this report of PP?
confused.gif

Now that you mention it, it does seem a bit odd, but it would be nice to have a VOA of the product to be sure, with dexos1 Gen 2 reformulation, and all.

Could that be related in any way?

It's worth a check.

I just got back from the dealer and after showing them the uoa, they checked the turbo and said there is a little play of 0.008 inch and that they will try to get it replaced under warranty. I should get some news within a few weeks.

Is that a lot of play for a fa20 turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back