Baldwin is now owned by Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker/(Hannifin) has made the adbvs for several filter manufacturers for some time. Guess they thought time to get into complete filter manufacturing biz.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Where are Baldwin filters available?

from Rock Auto, under the name Hastings
smile.gif

Of course, Hastings uses white cans rather than the snazzy red that Baldwin uses, but they are still the same filter
thumbsup2.gif

Casite also is made by Clarcor/Baldwin/Hastings, but is slightly cheaper and not as many pleats.

Grainger, various places on line.

I bought mine from Zoro. Have both Hastings and Baldwin. I had other things to buy so got free shipping. Owned by Grainger, have Ebay sales also.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

smile.gif

Of course, Hastings uses white cans rather than the snazzy red that Baldwin uses, but they are still the same filter
thumbsup2.gif

Casite also is made by Clarcor/Baldwin/Hastings, but is slightly cheaper and not as many pleats.

The red paint on the Baldwins adds 10HP over the white paint Hastings.
cool.gif

Baldwin and Hastings easily bought at Grainger/Zoro. Here is a B37 Baldwin element, nice thick media. I tore to see thickness. I don't think Hastings=Baldwin, maybe in some ways, but the Baldwin is a little more expensive. Blue button bypass valve is from something else.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

cool.gif

Hey … Did I just chance upon a good (20 psi PRV) for the new GM 5.3L engine

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3664409/Re:_baldwin_7449_cut_open

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Baldwin and Hastings easily bought at Grainger/Zoro. Here is a B37 Baldwin element, nice thick media. I tore to see thickness. I don't think Hastings=Baldwin, maybe in some ways, but the Baldwin is a little more expensive. Blue button bypass valve is from something else.

It has been hashed out in other threads were the parent company for the two have been contacted and confirmed the only difference between Hastings and Baldwin filters is the paint color and labeling.

The Baldwins do have that sex appeal with the red color but they are not a better filter than the Hastings offering of the same type and size.

It has been hashed out in other threads were the parent company for the two have been contacted and confirmed the only difference between Hastings and Baldwin filters is the paint color and labeling.

The Baldwins do have that sex appeal with the red color but they are not a better filter than the Hastings offering of the same type and size.

I realized that when I wrote what I did. Maybe, maybe not, they are the same. Everything has to be taken in context. Ask someone if they are the same, and one person will say they are, because they do the same thing and cross reference. Another will say they have this that and the other differences, someone more detail oriented. I would like to cut open the LF413 but not feeling like wasting $6 and the time. Check to see if the element is thick like the B37, has same bypass construction, can, etc. It would be quite strange if a company would duplicate exactly two filter lines. Even stranger to price them differently. I prefer the white paint but it means nothing red or white. I am not using the two B37's I bought, defective.

I bought mine from Zoro. Have both Hastings and Baldwin. I had other things to buy so got free shipping. Owned by Grainger, have Ebay sales also.

I just ordered 3 Baldwin B7449 for the 20 psi PRV … can’t stomach the PF63E while waiting on Fram to produce a higher setting in this size …

Originally Posted By: 4WD

smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

cool.gif

Hey … Did I just chance upon a good (20 psi PRV) for the new GM 5.3L engine

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3664409/Re:_baldwin_7449_cut_open

So is this likely high 90’s at 25 micron

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Bx=75 is 97% efficiency.

97/25 micron
89/12 micron

Y/N ?

Bx=75 is 98.7% efficiency.

You replied before I could fix it.

Beta 75 at 25u is decent efficiency.

Originally Posted By: 4WD

97/25 micron
89/12 micron

Y/N ?

No, Bx=2 is 50% efficiency. In this case, at 12 microns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back