Eneos Racing Pro 10w50 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a great oil! It’s nice to see that it has a higher starting Sus Vis, which will help keep it in the proper viscosity (50 grade) longer in case the oil starts to shear during use. High phos/zinc, a big dose of moly (reminiscent of Redline lubes), and another big dose of boron. As Blackstone said, the silicon level is high due to anti-foam to minimize foaming during race events and higher rpms. TBN is a little lower than expected, but is obviously more than enough for its usage (race/track useage and not high mileage OCI’s).

What are your planned oil change intervals and what vehicle are you using it in? Thanks for the analysis!

Last edited:
Man, low and behold it's another Eneos oil that measures way out of spec.

I had a VOA of the Sustina 0w50 years ago and it was like 12% off the datasheet -- basically a different grade. Of course, when I tried to get some clarity from Eneos, they never replied back.

Ok, what am I missing ?
Grade 50 goes from 16,3 to 21,9 cSt...Blackstone didn't get it right, seems they put the brackets for a grade 40.

To me it's more on the light side of a 50. But yes, the 0W50 was more a 40 than anything else.

Otherwise, thank you for the VOA, good looking oil I'd run if I could have easy access to it!

Thanks for the VOA, very interesting.

Over 500 ppm Moly, over 850 ppm Boron, over 1200 ppm Zinc, and enough Ca detergent (1870 ppm) for a reasonable TBN of 6.4 plus what looks like a silicon anti-foam agent.

The KV100 of about 17.5 cSt looks fine to me.

Looks like a good racing oil to me.

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Grade 50 goes from 16,3 to 21,9 cSt...Blackstone didn't get it right, seems they put the brackets for a grade 40.

Blackstone does that certainly for UOAs, never paid that close attention to whether or not they sometimes or always deviate from SAE J300 for VOAs.

That would make sense, used vs virgin oil.
coffee2.gif

Being a virgin, they could have adapted though, instead of saying it's almost a 60
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Popsy

Blackstone does that certainly for UOAs, never paid that close attention to whether or not they sometimes or always deviate from SAE J300 for VOAs.

They are all over the shop...on every grade

Their reports were why no 20s ever sheared or were diluted "out of grade" for so long.

Originally Posted By: Analyzer

What are your planned oil change intervals and what vehicle are you using it in? Thanks for the analysis!

Will be used in a 2005 Subaru STI making over 700whp on E85. I will be changing out the oil when I see fluctuations in normal running oil pressure based on the readout from my gauges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back