If Tradies Owned a Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got quite a bit...but I had to understand what a "tradie" was...and the context explained it...

Originally Posted By: hpb
Hahaha, very good. Our international friends probably won't get most of the humour though!

Things are not that different here...

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Originally Posted By: hpb
Hahaha, very good. Our international friends probably won't get most of the humour though!

Things are not that different here...

Oh I'm sure they're not...I meant some of the local language might stump people...
smile.gif

I chuckled even more on this one, which any contractor or trades person in the U.S. can definitely relate to:

I had a 'Stralia friend that I worked with in Aerospace back in Kansas. We were hunting one day after a rain and had to cross a swift running creek.

After my comments about the physics of hydrology and water sweeping you off your feet, His response was, "Awh comeon mate, it's just a little trickle of wata."

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I had a 'Stralia friend that I worked with in Aerospace back in Kansas. We were hunting one day after a rain and had to cross a swift running creek.

After my comments about the physics of hydrology and water sweeping you off your feet, His reponse was, "Awh comeon mate, it's just a little trickle of wata."

When I was 15/16, Dad took us out shooting, and shot a rabbit on the other side of the "creek"...which was swollen after rain...he told my brother to get it, he refused, so Dad did it...got swept downstream a bit until he could get out.

Then we had to march down the creek to where a fence crossed it, and use the fence to get across...and back.

Was like water skiing with a .22 rifle buttstock in jeans, and barrel sticking out jumper neck (unloaded of course)

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
I chuckled even more on this one, which any contractor or trades person in the U.S. can definitely relate to:

Laugh !! That was good.

And stuff you hear on BITOG everyday
smile.gif

"I think I want to take up cycling...."

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back