Someone hit my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was pretty upset for about a hour then got over it. Stupid people didnt even leave a note. Just found the damage today. Last week i did a car wash and did a walk around so its less than a week old damage. Not gonna use my insurance my deduct is $500 and thats not worth 500. Ill try and buff it out at work. Should get 90% of it off. Too bad the metal got slightly damaged and it wasnt just the bumper.

Last edited:
Shame on whoever did that. Most of it will buff out, then you can get matching paint to cover up the spots that went all the way through.

Kind of a strange dent profile, almost like whomever hit you did so with a tool or an already damaged vehicle. Was there a badge or something there? Usually they just use adhesives, not holes.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Kind of a strange dent profile, almost like whomever hit you did so with a tool or an already damaged vehicle. Was there a badge or something there? Usually they just use adhesives, not holes.
no badge there my guess is it was a truck or suv and something hard on there bumper rubbed

Last edited:
The two holes make me think something fell against your car. Wood with nails sticking out for one example.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
The two holes make me think something fell against your car. Wood with nails sticking out for one example.

The scratches are all vertical too, not horizontal like they would be if a car swiped it pulling into a parking spot.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
It looks like it got chomped by a vampire!

With sandpaper lips.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
That's very small amount of paint damage.

I wouldn't even get mad for such little damage, it happens all the time.
Your property should never damage someone else's property. I'm still bitter about some clown letting an Aldi buggy smash into my truck and put a little ding.

I had a similar one two weeks ago. I keep my car away from everyone. I found three nicks in the paint and a dent (driver rear passenger door)...I was fuming. I spent the day thinking about it and recalled going to work and hearing a loud thud on the highway. Somehow, a projectile came at me from the side. Point being, even when you're super careful the inevitable happens.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: 2002 Maxima SE
I had a similar one two weeks ago. I keep my car away from everyone. I found three nicks in the paint and a dent (driver rear passenger door)...I was fuming. I spent the day thinking about it and recalled going to work and hearing a loud thud on the highway. Somehow, a projectile came at me from the side. Point being, even when you're super careful the inevitable happens.
frown.gif

Yep. My wife's C300 was not even a week old when some bonzo dropped a piece of steel on the highway in front of her and it slid into the driver's side front end. $5,000 later (filed on comprehensive) and her Mercedes was new again. The driver never stopped though witnesses stated he saw the metal fall. Some people should be given the same treatment they give to others.

I had a dent in my Subaru hood that looked like someone jumped our of a tree and landed on my hood near the front. And windshield had a small crack near rearview mirror.

Have no idea about either or if they are even connected.

Filed insurance claim under comprehensive with a lower deductable. Insurance adjuster agreed it was not an vehicle accident but rather something (unknown) falling on to vehicle.

I would suggest you go to a local dealer and ask who is the mobile guy who fixes imperfections like that on their used car lot.

I did that for a dash board crack and saved $2,000.00. Yes-$2,000.00

No it doesn't. Someone damaging what looks like a fairly new car is worth getting a bit upset over. A very small amount of paint damage is a chip IMO.

OP, are there more scratches to the right?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

No it doesn't. Someone damaging what looks like a fairly new car is worth getting a bit upset over. A very small amount of paint damage is a chip IMO.

OP, are there more scratches to the right?

no the scratches mainly go down from under the pic

I have dash cams front and back running all the time, caught a car hitting my bumper in a Walmart parking lot!
Gave the video to the insurance company, my repairs were covered no deductible + a free rental!!

A simple big scratch, dent to bumper facia can cost $500 or more, if your car is in great shape, why let
this happen?

around here where I live its very hard to justify getting a nicer newer car when other people simply don't give a (insert) about other peoples things.

about a year and a half ago i picked up a cheap daily driver, it had been sitting for awhile so it needed some work etc, not a big deal, so after i get it road worthy etc, licensed and stuff i started driving it, about 2 weeks after driving after i pulled it in the garage and i walked around it i see a couple yellow streaks down the side of the car. I had no idea what happened or now they got there.

I'm glad it was a cheap older vehicle because had it been something much nicer and newer i would have lost it.

I ended up just being able to wipe it off with some brake cleaner but i mean come on, I know i sure as heck didn't do it, no idea when it happened as it was on the passenger side. and I obviously would have known if i had hit something. I'll never know what happened, but i'm sure someone knows what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back