Synthetic from dino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Don't listen to what these haters say. Take care of yourself keep your cool. The s2k will be there when you're ready.

+1

Yup, a lot of haters around here -- that's for sure.

10.gif

Truthfully it’s not going to matter. The big draw to synthetic oils these days is how they allow for a lot more mileage between changes, like ten to twenty thousand miles. But conventionals will hold up absolutely fine just sitting for a year with a few miles on it. It’s not going to make a difference either way, so you might as well just save a few bucks by going conventional.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Good question......Automotive oils have them already. Though some oils have better additives for rust protection than others. Amsoil has some oils with higher levels than others, but they have higher zinc and phosphorus levels. I assume the S2000 has a roller cam, and should not need the zinc phosphorus. But maybe with the low miles you put on the additives won't be a concern.
Originally Posted By: S2K
Thanks oilboy123.
What synthetic has a 'good rust additive package'?

The car is in the garage and is part of the house so it never gets too hot or too cold. I live close to Portland in SW WA.

Originally Posted By: walterjay
I would keep using dino if it were me. But if you want to switch to synthetic consider Castro Magnetec oil. It is supposed to stick to metal and avoid dry starts after an engine has sat.

Exactly this, Dino or Magnatec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back