Tranfer Case 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2 8 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM recommends Dexron 6. I have two gallons of Fleetrite Allison TES-295 synthetic dexron III G rated fluid. Knowing that a transfer case is basically gears and chains inside wouldn't it be smarter to use some of this fine fluid from my stash? If Dex 6 is going to be better i will go buy some.

I also have a gallon of Delvac 1 75W90 gear lube that i intend to put in the diffs.

The 8 speed auto, oh boy it doesn't even have a dipstick and wants something like GM Dexron HP. Not sure if i'm going to just leave that alone or what.

Truck is new to me and has 71,000 miles, 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2 with the max towing package.

Thanks!

I'm sure Dex 3 would be fine if it's an old school part time case. AWD, you may better use what they say.

It has 2WD, "auto", 4 high and 4 low selections. i believe the Denali trim is always in AWD.

Thanks for the info Tman220. I'm not sure if the level ground thing is in the cards where i live. I could probably get the truck level on my sloping driveway but this might be one thing worth taking to the dealer. I feel so dirty saying that

TES 295 ATF works very well in transfer cases. When I need fluid for my cases, I just drain some from the transmission and re-fill.
About 1.5 liters in your case, no pun intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back