FCA upheaval--Marchionne ill, Jeep CEO takes over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leadership changes, under extraordinary circumstances.

A lot can be said about Marchionne, but FCA wouldn't be where it is without him.

Hopefully, he can continue to see the fruits of his hard work, and maybe see Vettel bring home another championship.

Yes, has been heavily addressed in the F1 community, in fact, with much happening live during today's events. I was pretty skeptical of some of the things he was doing over the last couple years, concerned he was micro-managing, but his commitment to the team is clearly genuine. He also didn't take any guff from anyone on the paddock.

nothing to see here, Manley is the new CEO, time table just moved up.

will be good for Jeep, SRT, trucks. hopefully he can stop the wasted investment in Fiat for US.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
stop the wasted investment in Fiat for US.

Huh?
Fiat was investing in the cryCo when they bought it.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik

Huh?

they didnt buy a [censored] thing was practically given to them, 80% of the profits are coming from Jeep, Ram and SRT.

Fiat stores sold a whopping 1400 cars in june and only 8200 YTD, while the rest of dcjr sold 200K units in June, as I said Manley should pull the plug and stop investment in the Fiat brand, total waste of capitol,americans dont want small cars

Marchionne, I wonder what severance package will he get? At 66 it's time to call it.

I wonder what will Manley do to bring value to investors? Time to slash and burn 50% of their poor performers. Manley should pocket millions for that move alone.

Marchionne already did that by hiving off components, and having bought the Chrysler stock at pennies on the dollar at the outset.

=10501588]Here is an interesting article on his legacy, albeit dated before today's issues.

Yes, my linked text looks butchered, but it works, I think.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dyusik

Huh?

they didnt buy a [censored] thing was practically given to them, 80% of the profits are coming from Jeep, Ram and SRT.

Fiat stores sold a whopping 1400 cars in june and only 8200 YTD, while the rest of dcjr sold 200K units in June, as I said Manley should pull the plug and stop investment in the Fiat brand, total waste of capitol,americans dont want small cars

Something is bass ackwards here. Chrysler did not invest in Fiat, Fiat bought Chrysler in a shotgun marriage.

Agreed. Not to pile on Chrysler, but Chrysler hasn't had the power to buy more than a pack of gum for the last twenty years. The same misinformation was bandied about in the Daimler-Chrysler days, with people somehow claiming Chrysler bought Benz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back