2015 Mazda 3 - Exhaust CAM Actuator Seal - HM Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a HM oil help a very subtle exhaust CAM actuator seal? I noticed today it's a bit wet. The car has to go in for a recall for the e-brake, but while it was in the shop and under warranty (53k miles) I was going to have them replace it.

I think he says 53K

in my case, it never leaked till I replaced valve cover gaskets but this one is integrated with valve cover so it cannot be replaced on its own; It appears the same problem as in my case but mine is fast approaching 200K...

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Buster, how many miles on the Mazda?

I think I'm going to have them just replace it being the car is still under warranty. I am curious though if a HM would work.

Did a quick search and a few similar examples came up.
Link

Link

Dealer said the OCV was leaking and they will replace it under warranty. They just have to remove the valve cover.

Dealer replaced OCV seal while the car was in for the recall. No charge. Everything covered under warranty.

Originally Posted By: silverrat
Did you get new calipers or just the boots replaced from the recall? Mine needed the passenger side caliper.

Some info on the procedure.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2017/RMISC-17V393-5781.pdf

Caliper and Boot.

I questioning whether they put a new OCV seal on though. It looks old.
shocked.gif

Well after about 1,000 miles, the new OCV they installed is leaking again. Taking it back to the dealer December 12th (first available appointment with a loaner car). I'm taking it to a different dealer (better supposedly). I'm not sure what could be causing a new OCV to leak so soon. Should be interesting. Hopefully this time they can install a new valve cover gasket correctly on the first attempt LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back