Tui on song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Tui in my backyard sometimes, but on my morning walk around the lake, an old open cast coal mine, one small bush area has a lot of Tui, and this morning lots of song as the boys try to impress the girls. The Tui has 2 voice boxes and make an incredible range of noises, beautiful tones, clicks, grunts...and some you can't hear. I was very close to a couple this morning, and watching them sing, sometimes it's like someone pressed the mute button, they are singing, but no sound - it's way above what we can hear.

This one does a bit of silent singing.

I can hear it all...
cool.gif

Just like when I hear the bats and stuff like buzzing electric devices etc

Originally Posted By: Shannow
The little puffballs at 1:25 are straight out of Pixar

We call them Waxeyes. Cats, feral or domestic are supposed to be a big killer of native birds...but I've had cats all my life, and sometimes have lived close to native bush, and the only native birds they have caught are Waxeye. Not happy about that, but not wiping out native birds as it gets reported.

Our visitor from Mesa Arizona on her last day here came out on the front verandah and commented that one of her highlights was lying in bed and listening to the birds.

Was seconds too late today snapping what was a competition between the parrots and the Currawongs as to who owned the airspace.

Got Currawongs predominantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back