2003 Ford CVPI, 80kmi, 5.5kmi on Edge HM Ti 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
79,500 miles on car, 5,500 miles on this oil at the time I drained it.
Fram XG2 filter, 1 qt of top up at about the 3k mile mark.

Code:

Iron 15

Chromium 0

Nickel 1

Aluminum 3

Copper 3

Lead 1

Tin 0

Silicon 9

Sodium 7

Potassium 0

Titanium 24

Molybdenum 90

Boron 214

Magnesium 16

Calcium 2207

Phosphorous 733

Zinc 863

Fuel
Soot
Water
Visc 10.2cSt@100C

TBN 3.20

Oxid 14

Nitr 10

Lab is OAI/Polaris

Oil filter was not changed when I drained this oil. I probably have some room to extend. Ill likely run out another 1k on the current fill and see how it looks.
Also its interesting to note that this sample took 9 days to ship through UPS....What happened is I dropped it into a drop bin next to the local office, and for some reason it got stuck in the bin somewhere for about 4 days before I went in and asked them about why the tracking had not shown up yet. They went and looked through the bin carefully and found it.

Last edited:
There many examples of oils showing higher Fe for many reasons that often have little to do with the oil, this being one example. I saw a UOA recently with either Valvoline or Pennzoil that showed higher Fe. All of the major formulations are going provide outstanding wear control.

There's nothing wrong with 15ppm in 5.5k miles. I've seen some with more, some with less. At this juncture, it's completely "normal" and right at the universal average.

You can EASILY stretch out the OCI much further. I routinely run 10-15k miles on dino in my 4.6L Grand Marquis. UOAs show it's totally safe to do so. I would recommend pushing each OCI/UOA up by 2.5k miles until you double or triple your current state. Also, the wear rates will drop as the OCIs mature; this is typical of nearly all engines.
You can see the data for the 4.6L engine (and others) here: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/used-oil-analysis-how-to-decide-what-is-normal/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back